It's funny how life can change on a dime. Just yesterday I was filling bottles and rocking my baby girl to sleep....when today we started REAL food. Well, real food to her anyways!! We had her 6 mth check up and she is doing just great. Weighing in at 15lbs 13oz. Standing tall at 26 1/2 inches.......however we are still trying to catch up in the noggin department. Only 41 1/2 cm. She is in the 25th percentile for her little peanut, 50th percentile for weight, and 75th percentile for height!!



Today was a busy, busy, busy day. We started out with pictures at Picture People. They turned out so stinkin cute. She's just a little camera hog!! She sure knows when to turn on the charm. Kurt and I had a rough time choosing between all the great shots, but like my mom says....."you're going to run out of walls"!! We are really happy with our choices and I hope you all will be as well. (if not.....oh well we footed the bill)!! :) I'll post those soon. (Haven't figured out that new scanner yet)!!
We got home and then next thing you know, we were dosing her up with a little Tylenol and preparing for the big bad SHOT monster!! Mom always gets to be the one holding, while Dad sits off to the side and cringes just as much as Bird does!! She was a trooper though. Just a few shrieks of pain and we were over it. Yes I said we.....it's traumatic for all involved if you ask me!!
After we left the Dr.'s office we had to run by the store and pick up what will be a main shopping list item for the next few months.....BABY FOOD!! I was so excited. Cadence is not going to know what to do with this colorful yet horrific smelling YUCK as I call it, or so I thought! We loaded up and headed home.
Once home we decided it was time......the moment when all parents (or all anal ones like me) get the kiddo all geared up for that first bite. That first spoon to mouth moment when we as parents almost make worse faces then the poor child putting the "YUCK" into their mouth. WHAT......WAIT A MINUTE....YOU MEAN ITS NOT THAT BAD????? She likes it, no let me take that back she loves it!! I couldn't get it to her fast enough. Bird loved the "YUCK"!! She was grabbing for my hands, she wanted more. It was a great moment, and of course we had the camera ready and waiting to capture it all!!
Today Sweet Potatoes.............next week T-Bone!! or maybe just pears!!! :)
Comments