What a wonderful day for a Zoo trip!! Mom and I had decided we were going to take the kids to the Topeka zoo. We loaded up the wagon and the small stroller for Cadence. We were off. It was a gorgeous day. We headed out at about 11am and got to the zoo around 12:15pm. It's much, much, much smaller then the KC Zoo.

The Zoo was so clean and so well manicured. All the animals were so much closer to the public then anywhere I had ever been. It was a great place for Hunter to experience the wildlife. He had a great time. He is so smart. Every animal we came upon, he knew what it was and what kind of sound it made. He loved feeding the ducks, I think they might have been his favorite! He amazes me more and more on how brave he is becoming. He was not scared at all when those ducks were grabbing the food from his hand.



Cadence loved being out in the fresh air. She's definitely going to be an outdoorsy child. For that I am glad. I want her to experience life. I want her to see all she can see and learn all she can learn. I think I get this from my Mom, she made sure we did it all.
The Zoo was so clean and so well manicured. All the animals were so much closer to the public then anywhere I had ever been. It was a great place for Hunter to experience the wildlife. He had a great time. He is so smart. Every animal we came upon, he knew what it was and what kind of sound it made. He loved feeding the ducks, I think they might have been his favorite! He amazes me more and more on how brave he is becoming. He was not scared at all when those ducks were grabbing the food from his hand.
Cadence loved being out in the fresh air. She's definitely going to be an outdoorsy child. For that I am glad. I want her to experience life. I want her to see all she can see and learn all she can learn. I think I get this from my Mom, she made sure we did it all.

It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get through the zoo, pit stops included. Once we left the zoo, we went to grab a bite to eat and bring it back to the park across the street from the zoo. We had a picnic lunch and then the kids played. We even had a few visitors. All in all it was a great trip. Not only did the kids have fun, but myself and my mom did as well. I cherish these moments I have with her, and these moments she has with her grand children.
Comments