Let me just say, last night was one of the hardest nights of my life. Cadence went to bed at about 7:30pm. Well by 10pm she woke up screaming. I don't mean a little whine, I mean a "I'm hurting" scream. We both ran into her room. Kurt picked her up, and you could tell she was so tired, she would cry and then nod off again in his arms. I took her into my arms, nope, she didn't feel warm. I was puzzled as to what was wrong with her. She was truly screaming out in pain.
I took her into our room and tried to rock her, but that wasn't helping either. I started singing to her, and she fell asleep on my shoulder. When the time came to move her though, it started all over again. We decided to try the oragel. I put some on my finger and rubbed her top gums. Instant gratification. Holy mother of pearl. I felt so bad for her.
We didn't see this with her bottom two, they just popped right through, not these. We ended up doing this again once more around 2am. She whimpered all through the night.
This am was a bit better, until she started running a fever. Then she just wanted her mommy. I couldn't even leave her to go to the bathroom. My heart was breaking. We were supposed to go visit a friend, but I wasn't going to take her out feeling the way she was. I fed her, gave her some more Tylenol and oragel. She has now been sleeping for almost 4 hours. Man that teething stuff wears ya out!! Mommy and Daddy included.
I sure hope they pop through soon, I might need to medicate myself otherwise. Just like I told my friend...."I'm a big ol baby when my baby is hurting"!!!
I took her into our room and tried to rock her, but that wasn't helping either. I started singing to her, and she fell asleep on my shoulder. When the time came to move her though, it started all over again. We decided to try the oragel. I put some on my finger and rubbed her top gums. Instant gratification. Holy mother of pearl. I felt so bad for her.
We didn't see this with her bottom two, they just popped right through, not these. We ended up doing this again once more around 2am. She whimpered all through the night.
This am was a bit better, until she started running a fever. Then she just wanted her mommy. I couldn't even leave her to go to the bathroom. My heart was breaking. We were supposed to go visit a friend, but I wasn't going to take her out feeling the way she was. I fed her, gave her some more Tylenol and oragel. She has now been sleeping for almost 4 hours. Man that teething stuff wears ya out!! Mommy and Daddy included.
I sure hope they pop through soon, I might need to medicate myself otherwise. Just like I told my friend...."I'm a big ol baby when my baby is hurting"!!!
Comments