Skip to main content

A week of many things....

This was definitely a week filled with lots of fun things. I will try and condense it all down....but I'm giving you fair warning....it could be a long one!!

Thanksgiving- We made Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year. It's just easier for mom this way since she works until 1pm, it wouldn't be fair to ask her to cook as well. So Kurt and I got up and got the Turkey ready...we cooked it in an oven bag....it was FAB!! I had made home made stuffing the night before, just needed to bake it. Mom did make her infamous homemade Mac-n-cheese. We also made mashed potatoes, broc-n-cheese casserole, and sweet potatoes. All was great except my stuffing. It's a sad story really, it smelled so yummy, but was a little to runny for my tastes!! Oh well I tried. We had bought Cadence a Turkey dinner as well!! We didn't want her to feel left out!! She inhaled it. I personally think it smelled like.....well it just didn't smell good at all!!
Black Friday- This year Black Friday had a whole other feel for me, for many reasons. I set my alarm for 3am. I was up before it went off. I always get excited for this day. The up early, the great deals, but most of all I get to hang out with my girls. We all have such a great time.

I arrived at Wal-Mart at about 3:30am, and the parking lot was already filling up. We entered to mass confusion all ready. We got our game plan together, and thank goodness for Christ, Lisa, and Carolyn...I got all the items I was wanting! It was a crowd like I had never seen before. People were NUTS!! The economy is bad my rear!! You couldn't tell!! They weren't just buying these small $10 and $15 dollar items I was after, they were buying TVs, laptops, and GPS systems!! CRAZY!! Not to mention I watched an elderly lady elbow another woman....all over a cabbage patch doll!! I was cracking up, but thinking at the same time RUN!!! LOL!! Target was our next destination. I didn't really need anything there, but they always have great deals on their movies. I got a few of those, picked up another $10 toy for Cadence, and a Step 2 wagon for my Mom for the kiddos! Now my shopping fun had to come to a complete HALT, for I had to go to work.

Work- WHY....WHY....WHY? That's all I can really say. It was the most pointless thing I have done all year!! I wish I was kidding!! At least we were out of there by 2pm.

Tree Farm- Oh yeah!! I love this time of year!! We meet up with the Kruger family and head out to the tree farm. I love this tradition. It was their first day open. We always go for the pre-cut Frasier Furs. They smell so yummy, and they don't shed a whole lot. We told ourselves we were going to go smaller this year. We picked out a 9 ft tree, and were totally happy with it. Remember....smaller was the key. The Kruger's always make us smile with their "Charlie Brown" tree. Jason was on a mission to find the smallest one there!! It really is one of my most favorite times of the year!! We all have such a great time! Cadence LOVED it!! She loved being outside, the Christmas music, and most of all Royal's kiddos!!

We didn't have a lot of time...we all had to get home and clean up. We had a wake to be at. Not something I'm ready to talk about. Just know that it was a very special woman. She will be greatly missed. I am praying for her family everyday. I love them all.

Now onto Saturday- I woke up to snow flakes falling, and all I could do was smile. Christy and I had planned a train ride with Santa. I began to worry that the weather was going to put a damper on our plans. Mom called the train yard, "Yep, we are still running the train"!! Thanks goodness!! I'm not so sure Hunter would have understood why we couldn't go. He loves train rides, and Ho Ho (Santa) was a big ol bonus!! So I picked up Mom and Hunter around 9:15 am. We all had our warm gear in tow. We met Christy, Phillip, Les, Bay, Nathan, Lisa, Carolyn, Leksi, and Johnny at Lisa's house. We all headed for Baldwin. The snow really started coming down. Mom and I just laughed. Mom is always the one to back out because of the cold, but not today, she was rare in to go! I think she was super excited to get to spend time with the grand babies.

We got onto the train, we knew there would not be any heat, so we all bundled up, and brought blankets. It was an hour long train ride, and during it, we had to make our way to the front of the train and see Santa. It was super cute, and we all had a great time. Cadence was a trooper and sat on Santa's lap like a big girl. The others....well they weren't so sure. Johnny and Leksi did great, but the younger three had a bit of "stranger danger"!!
Sat. Night- So we got home and Cadence and I were WORN OUT! So I played with her until her Daddy got home, and then we both went down for a nap. I woke up and helped Kurt get all the Christmas decorations out. I never remember having that many! It was a slow process, but we got it done and we LOVE it!! Cadence loves the lights. Oh and remember that "smaller" tree we picked out???? What happened to it??? Oh well, it's the best tree yet!!



Today is a lazy day. Not sure what it has in store for us yet. I hope not a whole lot!! We are all beat!! We need our rest, because next weekend the three of us are flying to Chicago on Sat. and home on Sun.!! Talk about a "quick" trip!!!

I hope everyone has had a fun filled weekend like we have!! Happy Holidays everyone!! May God bless you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...