What a fun, fun, fun Christmas this was. Everything changes when you have a child. It's no longer about you and your spouse as much as it is about your child. Kurt and I had decided that we were not going to over do it, Santa would bring her a gift, and we would get one or two small things. Knowing Nana, Grandma Betsy and Big Pa went a little overboard, oh and the fact that she is only 9 mths, we were going to be just fine.









My eyes lifted at almost 7:30am on Christmas morning. Cadence was still snug as a bug, and Kurt was snoring softly next to me. I couldn't help but to smile. I am so thankful for everything i have in my life, and I have waited for this moment for so long!! I got up, and went and started the oven. I made sure everything was ready for Cadence's 1st Christmas. The video camera was charged, and the camera was out and ready for snapping. I went back into our room and Kurt was getting out of bed. I know he was just as excited as I was. Not to long after, Cadence was in her room talking away!! We grabbed the video camera and down the hall we went. I wanted to capture her in that moment......Christmas morning.




















Festivities started at Uncle Noonoo's house (or Johnny to most of you). We celebrated with the kiddos, since we weren't going to see Maison on Christmas. They got Cadence a cute little ball toy that makes lots of little noises. I knew this day would come, the one where I am going to have to reap what I have sewn!! :) They also got her some really cute outfits.
Next was Christmas Eve at Grandma Betsy's house. Aunt Erin got her the cutest little sweater ever!! We had a lot of fun, and got great gifts!! Aunt Sandy was there as well, and it was great seeing and hanging out with her. She just ate little Bird up!! Cadence snuggled up to her at the end of the evening when she was letting Kurt and I know it was time to go. Besides we had a big morning ahead of us.....Santa was coming!!! We got home, put Cadence to bed, and made our new traditional homemade cinnamon rolls for in the morning. We finally got to bed at about midnight.
My eyes lifted at almost 7:30am on Christmas morning. Cadence was still snug as a bug, and Kurt was snoring softly next to me. I couldn't help but to smile. I am so thankful for everything i have in my life, and I have waited for this moment for so long!! I got up, and went and started the oven. I made sure everything was ready for Cadence's 1st Christmas. The video camera was charged, and the camera was out and ready for snapping. I went back into our room and Kurt was getting out of bed. I know he was just as excited as I was. Not to long after, Cadence was in her room talking away!! We grabbed the video camera and down the hall we went. I wanted to capture her in that moment......Christmas morning.
She was so sweet. Just standing there ready for Mom and Dad. It was a priceless moment, and we caught it on video. Once we had a diaper change, we were headed downstairs to see what Santa had brought. She seemed like an old pro!! I sat her down on the floor and off she went, straight for her gift from Santa. She can't use it just yet, but give her a few weeks and I think she will be pushing the little walker wagon everywhere!! We all opened our stockings and all of the gifts under the tree. Aunt Kathy had even sent her a present....she made her a homemade Raggedy Ann doll. I loved it, and so did Cadence. Kurt and I did quite well for each other. We didn't spend a lot, and got great gifts. Funny thing is....we both got each other house slippers!! We re way to much alike!

We all got cleaned up and headed over to Nana's house for Christmas Day. The kiddos got great presents, and so did we for that matter. Mom made two tubs, one for each couple. They were filled with all sorts of goodies, and gift cards!! it was a great idea. Leave it to mom to be so creative. Most of the fam came over and we all hung out and ate. By 6:00pm however we were all pooped!! Cadence was exhausted, and quite honestly so was I. We got home and I was in bed and almost asleep by 8:30pm!!
You think it's over right...nope!! We had Christmas with Big Pa and Billie last night! Dad never ceases to amaze me with the gifts he gets for the kiddos!! A ride on horse for Hunter (also from Kurt and I), and a learning living room, and a Harley coat for Bird. Us adult all bought $25 dollar gift certs and played a game of Scattegories to determine who got first pick!! It was a lot of fun!! I made the best dish of Lasagna for dinner!!
Sooooooooo that about wraps up our Christmas season. We still have a few more gift exchanges left, with Aunt Tt and Mamoo Kris, and don't forget those Kruegers!! It was a whirlwind of fun and family, but it was all around....a GREAT 1st Christmas.
I'm just glad I have the next 11 days off.......
Hope everyone had a great Holiday Season!! Happy New Year!! Be SAFE!!!
Comments