So after Tracy was at our house last night telling us all about a Friends take on when, and how a parent should start brushing their child's teeth, Kurt and I decide there was no better time then the present. We had decided this evening that while she was in the bath tub we would try it out. Knowing that if it didn't work, we would have to swaddle her and take it upon ourselves to make it a horrible process. Kurt and I know the swaddling process all to well from the ER, and let me tell you.....most kids HATE it!! Traumatizing her on her first time of teeth brushing was not on our list!! However...... Bird loved it!! She had no problem with me getting in there and brushing away!! She in the end wanted to do it herself of course!! Miss Independent!! So know we will just make it a ritual for her to brush her teeth in the tub until she is older. Lord knows I don't want her to have a fear of the dentist like her Mama!! :)
So after Tracy was at our house last night telling us all about a Friends take on when, and how a parent should start brushing their child's teeth, Kurt and I decide there was no better time then the present. We had decided this evening that while she was in the bath tub we would try it out. Knowing that if it didn't work, we would have to swaddle her and take it upon ourselves to make it a horrible process. Kurt and I know the swaddling process all to well from the ER, and let me tell you.....most kids HATE it!! Traumatizing her on her first time of teeth brushing was not on our list!! However...... Bird loved it!! She had no problem with me getting in there and brushing away!! She in the end wanted to do it herself of course!! Miss Independent!! So know we will just make it a ritual for her to brush her teeth in the tub until she is older. Lord knows I don't want her to have a fear of the dentist like her Mama!! :)
Comments