Skip to main content

To PIERCE!!!


Yep, we did it! After much thought, and deliberation, we decided to go ahead and get little Bird's ears pierced. I was a nervous wreak. Aunt Tt came over and went with us, mainly for my own benefit. I figured if I were to start crying she would at least tell me to knock it off. When we got to the mall, it was packed. Did I mention that I hate a packed mall??? So anyways, we headed for Claire's and there was seriously a line to get your ears pierced!! I think there were three girls ahead of us...which only made the waiting worse!! Not to mention by this time I can see the worry creeping across Tt's face. Oh lord....can I really do this? Bird was in such a great mood, she had no idea what she was in for.

When it was our turn, I handed over the camera to T, and I sat in the chair with Bird on my lap. She was sitting there just like a big girl would. She did great! The lady put on the dots first to make sure they were even. Then she gave Bird the bear to hold. We were ready just like that. Oh wait....did you catch the part that there was only one woman....so that meant...TWO sticks. I was sad about it, but I knew it was going to be fast. So back to the story. The first ear was done just like that. Bird didn't cry at first, then she realized it hurt, and here came the sobs. The second one was just as fast, and before you knew it we were done.

Yes, Bird did cry for a minute, but once we got up and I handed her a bunny I saw lying on a shelf....she was much better. So not only did we get ears pierced, we got a new bunny as well!! All in all it was pretty much a walk in the park. And look how stinkin cute she looks!! Love it!!

Thanks Aunt Tt for all the moral support, and another great day of hanging out. You better watch it...Bird is getting used to this Sat. routine!!

Comments

Mrs. Tracy Wood said…
What a champ......you were!!!! LOL! Looks as though your had another splendid start to the weekend. Wheres Kurt?
Little April said…
What a big girl! SO precious :)
ya! She got her ears pierced, how cute! that is so awesome that you documented the whole thing :)
Sam said…
You handled it very well sis, looks like Bird was a trooper as well. Congrats Birdie you look so pretty. (with or without earrings) love you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...