What a day...what a day! Myself, Big Pa, Bird, and Hunter all headed for Baldwin this afternoon. We were catchin the Easter Train!! I gathered everyone up, gathered all the necessities needed for a 45min car ride, and a 2 hour train ride, oh and don't forget the Easter baskets for the egg hunt.



The day turned out to be a beautiful day. The sun was shining, and the wind was gone!! We were on our way. The Krueger family met us at the train depot. We walked up to get our tickets and what did we find..... "All train rides SOLD OUT"!! What, this can't be happening!! We arrived almost an hour before the last train was to depart, and we still weren't going to be able to get on?? This was NOT good. How in the name of Peter Cottontail was i going to explain this to my oh so excited nephew??? Royal to the rescue....that's how!! Roy went in and spoke to the man, and he informed her that they had been squeezing everyone on that was trying to get on. So we waited. Sure enough we got on!!

What a packed house though!! We all didn't get to sit together. Poor Royal and Jason got split up, but Big Pa, and the Kiddos and I got to sit together. The ride was about 45 min one way. We got to walk to the engine and see the Easter Bunny!! Hunter loved him. He smiled so big, and well Bird, well she just was NOT a fan!! I even tried sitting in front of the Easter Bunny with her, but she's no dummy, she knew he was still behind us!!


Once we got to the end of the tracks, everyone piled out of the train and lined up for the dash for the eggs!! There were hundreds....I mean thousands of eggs lying on the ground! It was great!! The kids loved it, and I really loved watching the excitement on all of their faces!! Big Pa helped Bird get a few, while Hunter was pickin em up right and left! He was a pro.






It was a great trip. It was Looooooooooooong, but great!! The kids were angels as usual, so no complaints there!!
Once we got home....at 8pm, we fed Bird and then decided to go ahead and color our Easter Eggs!! She loved it! She really wanted to help more, but we knew it would have ended in destruction!! She helped Daddy though, and our eggs turned out great!!





Now Bird and Daddy are in bed, and here I sit winding down. Tomorrow will be another fun, but long day. Got the Family coming over...so cooking I will be!!
Now Bird and Daddy are in bed, and here I sit winding down. Tomorrow will be another fun, but long day. Got the Family coming over...so cooking I will be!!
Happy Easter Everyone!!
Comments