We are finally home from our short...LONG...trip. We started the drive at 7:45am on Sunday morning. Kurt, Bird, and myself headed to pick up Grandma Betsy, and The Ropers. What should have been a 9 1/2 hour drive ended up being a 12 hour drive almost. We rolled into Aunt Cheryl's at about 8:30pm. Let me tell you though I think I have one of the best little baby girls in the world!! She did fantastic. She got a little cranky there at the end, but who wouldn't if they were strapped into a car seat for that long! It was a bonus for her though, we had got the go ahead from the Doc on Thursday to turn her car seat around. So it was a whole new world to her! She watched lots of Barney, Dora, and Little Einsteins. For the most part though she just wanted to hang out with us and enjoy the scenery. She did get to rock out with Aunt Erin for the last two hours of the drive.We were exhausted by the time we arrived at our destination. We unloaded the cars and quickly hit the hay. Bird had to sleep in her pack-n-play which just can't be as comfy as her bed. We all shared a room, and let me remind you we have not done this since she was 2 mths old. So Kurt and I had to be extra quiet when we rolled over, coughed, or snored in Kurt's case!! In the end it was all A-Ok.
The wake was Monday from 3-8pm. Erin and I made a trip to Kohl's for a few needed items, then we all got ready and headed for the funeral home. It was all done very nicely. The funeral home was very nice, and didn't really feel like a well...."funeral home"! The whole family was there, so it was nice to see them all. Grandma D looked wonderful. She looked so peaceful.


Bird sure did eat up all the attention. Many of the family had yet to meet her, so it was nice to get to show her off. She loves the boys. Ike and little Joel are definitely her favorites. She just smiled and winked like she knew she was cute. They were good sports as well!!
Bird sure did eat up all the attention. Many of the family had yet to meet her, so it was nice to get to show her off. She loves the boys. Ike and little Joel are definitely her favorites. She just smiled and winked like she knew she was cute. They were good sports as well!!
After the wake we had to make another trip to Kohl's for a different color of pants for Kurt. This would have all been done before we left had we not had a stinkin winter storm at the last minute!! We got home and went straight to bed. Kurt, Bird and I had to be back to the Funeral home at 8:45am since Kurt was one of the Paw Bearers.

The funeral went very smoothly. Catholic services are so different then what I am used to. It was quite long, and less personal then I would have liked. The grave side service was really only about 10 minutes which was a blessing, it was getting windy and the rain was starting to fall. We all headed back to the church for the luncheon. We only stayed for about 2 more hours, and then we knew it was time to get back on the road to home.

We ended up rolling out around 2pm. It was a much better drive home, but yet seemed just as long since it was much later this time. Once we got home, Bird woke up and man oh man was she ever so happy to see her house!! She was all smiles and clapping!! Pretty funny to see at 1 am in the morning.

So as you can tell we had a lot to do in not so much time. Bird was the best, and I can't tell you how grateful I am to have a happy traveler. We are all worn out. It will probably take a few days to recoup. I am just glad we all got to make the trip, pay our respects, and get a little family time in as well.

So as you can tell we had a lot to do in not so much time. Bird was the best, and I can't tell you how grateful I am to have a happy traveler. We are all worn out. It will probably take a few days to recoup. I am just glad we all got to make the trip, pay our respects, and get a little family time in as well.
Comments