So the weekend didn't start out on a good note at all!! The Husband called on Friday afternoon to let me know that Bird was running a 103.5 temp. My heart sank. I hate when she is sick. She's such a ball of joy, and laughter, but not so much when she's sick. I guess who really is when they don't feel so hot. She had an okay night...up a few times, but easy to get back down.
Saturday we got up early and ran around with Aunt Tt and Aunt Lisa until about 2pm. We came home and I put her down for a nap. She was worn out. Well she only laid down for about an hour and a half. Sat. night.....let's just say there was NO sleep to be had in our household. Every hour she would wake up crying. By 6:30am I was joining her in the crying frenzy. My heart just broke for her. So we decide we would take her to the local urgent care. My Mom came over and went with Bird and I since Daddy had to work. Knowing that if it was something serious I would call and he would need to leave. (Mind you both the Husband and I worked at Children's Mercy in the ER for 5 plus years) However when it's your own it's a whole other ball game! We got to the Urgent Care and thankfully it wasn't busy. We got in and out of there in almost an hour and a half. The doctor came in listened to her (through her screaming bloody murder), and looked into her mouth and said immediately....Hands, Foot, and Mouth Disease.
Now let me clarify.....it sounds WAY worse then it is. It's almost like a form of strep. She has 1 small lesion on the back of her throat, and no rash. Sometimes kiddos gets a nasty rash on their palms, and the bottoms of their feet. It can also show up in the diaper area. Gestation is 3-7 days, and seeing as we were already on day 3, lets hope we are on the shorter end!!
We had Family pics today, and bless her heart she just wasn't her happy go luck self. However with the 406 (YIKES) pics we got, I'm sure we can find a few good ones. After we got home and Bird had her bath, she ate a bit and then had some play time with Daddy. I rocked her for a bit, and she's fast asleep. Please let her sleep for at least 4 hours straight! I snapped a few pics of her more up beat moments from the weekend!
Saturday we got up early and ran around with Aunt Tt and Aunt Lisa until about 2pm. We came home and I put her down for a nap. She was worn out. Well she only laid down for about an hour and a half. Sat. night.....let's just say there was NO sleep to be had in our household. Every hour she would wake up crying. By 6:30am I was joining her in the crying frenzy. My heart just broke for her. So we decide we would take her to the local urgent care. My Mom came over and went with Bird and I since Daddy had to work. Knowing that if it was something serious I would call and he would need to leave. (Mind you both the Husband and I worked at Children's Mercy in the ER for 5 plus years) However when it's your own it's a whole other ball game! We got to the Urgent Care and thankfully it wasn't busy. We got in and out of there in almost an hour and a half. The doctor came in listened to her (through her screaming bloody murder), and looked into her mouth and said immediately....Hands, Foot, and Mouth Disease.
Now let me clarify.....it sounds WAY worse then it is. It's almost like a form of strep. She has 1 small lesion on the back of her throat, and no rash. Sometimes kiddos gets a nasty rash on their palms, and the bottoms of their feet. It can also show up in the diaper area. Gestation is 3-7 days, and seeing as we were already on day 3, lets hope we are on the shorter end!!
We had Family pics today, and bless her heart she just wasn't her happy go luck self. However with the 406 (YIKES) pics we got, I'm sure we can find a few good ones. After we got home and Bird had her bath, she ate a bit and then had some play time with Daddy. I rocked her for a bit, and she's fast asleep. Please let her sleep for at least 4 hours straight! I snapped a few pics of her more up beat moments from the weekend!
Please let this fungus among us GO AWAY!!
Also please say a prayer for Lance and Casey who lost their precious Preston over the weekend. Our hearts are heavy for their family.
Comments