Skip to main content

Go Team Cothren!!!

So this weekend was our BIG Garage sale weekend. We have been pumping up for this event for quite a while now, and it is finally over. We started on Wed. night. A few of us loaded up in our pickup trucks, and drove from destination to destination picking up some donated items.

Thursday was a rough day. I took the day off, and waited for Christy (Aunt Tt) to get off at noon. We were on a mission, we had to get the POD unloaded, and the trailer as well. Christy, Carolyn, Frankie and myself unloaded as much as we could, but seriously...it felt like the minute we raised the POD door, a broadcast went out to the public for all to see, and hear. People were starting to shop!! WAIT...we aren't even open until Friday, we don't even have a dent in what we should have out, and they just kept coming!! I'm no dummy, let em shop, let's make some cash!! After 5 and work was out, the troops showed up! Let me tell you, we rocked it out!! We got everything unloaded, and ready for Friday. However the shoppers didn't stop until we finally had to just throw tarps and poly over everything at 9:30PM!!

Friday was an early start. It was so warm and sunny out. The day seemed to fly by, but my flesh (a little sun burnt), and my feet were feeling the pain!! We had great help, and let me just tell you....we once again ROCKED the garage sale!!

Sat. was Team Cothren Day! We all wore our Team shirts and tried to sell, sell, sell. The rain was a bit of a damper in the am, and the local City festival in the afternoon, kept the shoppers to a smaller mass then the past two days. We packed it all in at about 6pm. We were all beat and worn out.




I wouldn't have missed this weekend for the world. All our proceeds are going to a couple near and dear to my heart. A couple who have been in my life separately and together since probably 1987....the Cothrens. They will be going through the journey of IVF, and with the long road they have already traveled, we all just wanted to pitch in.

So with this weekends festivities the grand total is........

$6000.00

It truly is amazing how many people pitched in to make sure this garage sale was a success. I want to give a few shout outs, and if I happen to miss anyone I am sorry...I still THANK you from the bottom of my heart!

*The whole Ramsour/Macan/Doolin/Lohmeyer Family
*The Cothren Family (A very special Thanks to ALL of you!!)
*The Rodina Family
*The Bard Family
*The Wood Family
*The Krueger Family
*The Peck Family
*Paulie
*The Softball Crew
*Jason B.
*My Mom
*Kelly
*Jan Kost
*Jack and Amy
*The Herring Family
*The Mott Family
*The Ashford Family

*All the other donating Families, Friends, and loved ones who open their hearts to help!

And a huge Thank you to my super great husband, and my super precious Bird, for allowing me to take the time to be there almost 24-7 with my Best Friend to help get her through this emotional weekend!

With the out pouring of kindness this awesome couple has received this weekend.....I hope it helps to lighten the financial burden a little bit, and bring them their very own miracle from above. We are all here praying for you TEAM COTHREN!!

























Comments

WOW that is a lot of stuff, and a lot of money!!! How wonderful!
Rubydotlarue said…
I wish I could have been there. Everything seems to happen the same weekend as Old Shawnee Days. I'm so happy it was such a success, I'm glad we could help out ahead of time! =)
ndsherring said…
Yay! I'm so glad wecould chip in by donating and spending =) I wish them the best! You are a great friend, Candie....but you already knew that.
Anonymous said…
I can't thank you enough. I would not have been able to do this without you. Thank you for taking time out from your family to help mine. I also want to thank you for getting everyone involved. You know how we are so private, but we realized that there are so many wonderful people in this world who wanted to help. I'm sorry I was such a mess. I'm sorry that things were so crazy. I'm blessed to have you in my life. I love you more then anything in this world. thank you again for being there, supporting me, understanding, listing, and most of all being my friend. LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...