Whew...this was a much needed extended weekend for sure! I am so glad that tomorrow is yet another day to do as we please! We shall see what it will bring, but in the meantime let me just recap this weekend for you all.













Friday Night Football here we come!! I am so pumped for this years football season!! High school football that is!! Uncle Lulu is in his last year of high school and has made Captain of the football team! I am so proud of him. He has grown from that fun little boy that we use to tote everywhere, to a vibrant young man who has a great head on his shoulders, and is going places! We ventured out to Lawrence for his first game. The weather was perfect, the stadium was brand new...(and unfinished), and the company couldn't have been better! We cheered our hearts out (unlike the real cheerleaders), and in the end North pulled out a victory of 17-14!! Lulu and his team brought home the first opening game win in 10 years!! Way to go boys...I hope this is a peek of what's to come!! I can't wait to be there to watch it all unfold! Remember Lulu...Chicks Dig Scars....so get dirty!!
Saturday it was just the Bird and I...not much went on. Bird took a 4 hour nap and I joined her for about 2 of them! I don't remember getting a nap like that in since she was a baby. It was nice...Just Me, the Bird, and Lifetime!! :) Once the Husband got home, we showered and headed out to Louisburg for the Tractor Pulls. Nana came and watched Bird...we thought it would be too loud for her little ears. I know what you are thinking...Tractor Pulls?? Let me tell you I think the same thing! If there wasn't guaranteed great company awaiting us out there, I would have stayed planted in my own home. However, Kurt likes them, so I go! It was good to see the Kruger's, Suzy, and the Doolin's. We got home around 11pm, and man was I worn out. I hit the hay while the Husband played Farmville(that's another post in it's self)!!
Today Bird and I awoke around 7:30am. We got dressed, and headed out for a little shoppin. She needs some fall clothes, everything she has is a little to light for these cool days we have been getting! So off to Old Navy we went. I picked up some cute long sleeved tees, and a Birthday present for Bay. After we left there we went over to Aunt Mimi's to see how the construction on the house was coming along. Yep...it was comin, and so are those twins! Bird and I sat outside with Aunt Tt and played with Nathan and Bay. It got to be about 1pm and Bird still hadn't napped, so we loaded up and headed for home. She was out by the time we hit the highway. Once again we both got a little nap time in. I woke up at 3 when the Husband got home and got ready to go snap some pics with my friend Janelle. (Once again...another post coming soon) We drove out to the Arboretum. It's so pretty out there, I had never been. We got some good shots in I think, and it was great to just be out in the beautiful weather doing what I love.




I came home and the Husband and Bird had gone to the store. We were having Steak and corn on the cob for dinner! YUMMMM! It was so good! We sat out on the deck for a bit, and then came in, ate dinner, gave the Bird a bath, played for a bit, and then put her down for the count.

Tomorrow holds new adventures for us I'm sure! I can't wait to see what we can come up with!!
Comments