It's a sad evening. The word just hit the media that Patrick Swayze has lost the battle to Pancreatic Cancer at age 57. He was not only an amazing man, but all who knew him said he was a kind soul, and a husband we all strive to have.He took on this horrible battle with full force, but the nasty disease has once again taken a life that was oh so precious to so many. I called my dad, because as a child I remember sitting in front of the TV and watching Dirty Dancing. I'll never forget when we got our VCR, Dad and I couldn't wait to record, "Dirty Dancing"! It's crazy the things you remember. We would sit and sing all the songs and once we watched it enough times, we were reciting the words along side them!
Thank You Mr. Swayze for the wonderful memories you gave to me. Thank You for "She's Like The Wind", a song that I can roll all the windows down in my car...turn the volume up, and once again revert back to my younger days when all I hoped for was a bad boy "Johnny" of my own.
R.I.P Mr. Swayze for your memory will live on through so many of your films, and for me...you'll always be my "Johnny Castle"!
Comments