Once I got a good nap in form my 24+ hour shopping spree, I woke up to the sound of the lawn mower. This only meant one thing...the weather was nice enough for the Husband to be out doing leaves, so that meant we were Tree Hunting!! It was beautiful outside!! We all got dressed and we headed out to a new tree farm...to us anyways.
This particular tree farm was out in Linwood Ks. We had an amazing drive out to the country. Windows down, the smell of burning leaves on every corner...it was great!! I just wanted to take it all in. I love days that the Husband has a FULL day off with us! We drove down this gravel road for what seemed like miles. We finally started seeing cars passing us with their Christmas trees tied to the roof of their cars. We pulled in and I was already in love with our new find!! There was a cute little A frame on the property that was where you go into pay for your tree, and to get some warm cider, or hot cocoa. There were trees every where. They supply you with a hand saw, and a pole for measuring. We always cheat and get the trees that are shipped in. The Frasier Furs...they shed very little, and smell amazing!! We walked along trying to find "our"tree.
Bird had other plans!! There was a man built little train for the kiddos. She was on a mission!! She rode it 4 times I think! She had so much fun! While she was riding around in circles having the time of her life, the Husband and I picked out our tree. We had agreed that a smaller tree would be just fine this year. It was beautiful. We got Bird out of the train, paid for our tree, and had it loaded into the truck. We could not have asked for better weather. It was truly amazing.
On our ride home we talked and laughed while Bird watched a movie. We were almost home when we saw that the new Fritz's was open. For those of you not lucky enough to know what Fritz's is, well let me explain short version! You go in, sit down, pick up the phone on your table, place your order, and then once it's ready....a little remote control train that is on tracks above you, brings your order. It is stopped by a bar that drops down. It's placed on a platform that is then lowered down onto your table!! It is so much fun! Kids and adults love it! Bird had a great time!! She loved watching all the trains deliver all the food!!




We got home and the Husband trimmed the tree, and brought it into the house!! WHAT.....oh no...I thought we said SMALLER!! It's huge!! I was cracking up!! We really thought that we had gone smaller! The Husband got out the tape measure, and ooops....10ft 6in!! So, I guess next year we shall shoot for smaller!!
We had an amazing day! I can't express all the love I felt in this one day. It was just great to have my two loves, the beautiful weather, and the smell of a fresh cut Christmas tree!!
Comments