What a night!! We headed out to my Mother in laws house at about 3:45pm. We knew we were up against the winter storm that was coming in, but we were determined to get there to celebrate with the family. We didn't have too many issues on the way there, just took a little longer then usual.
Bird was dressed in a cute little outfit that Grandma Betsy had got for her last year after Christmas!! Aunt Erin, Uncle Otis, and cousin Tre were all there as well. We all sat down for dinner, and then it was time for gifts!!
We all had a great time. Bird has a whole new wardrobe, shoes to match, and a few more toys to add to the already jammed packed playroom!! I think Grandma Betsy spoiled us as well!! However the biggest surprises were the two presents that "Santa" had brought to her house for Bird and I!! I was shocked to see a big box with my name on it!! I immediately looked at my mother in law, because we all know my Husband can't keep a secret. She said, "don't look at me, it was Santa"!! So then I knew!! I tore into the box and much to my surprise it was the KITCHEN AIDE i had been looking at for months.....wait almost a whole year!! I was sooooo happy!! I can't wait to use it!! Then out from a coat pocket appeared a little box for Bird. We opened it together, and inside were a pair of diamond earrings.....like real ones!! OMG!! He did this all without me knowing it!! This will go down in history!! I tell ya that husband of mine is the best!! Love ya babe!!
So after all the gift exchanging and chit chatting, we knew we needed to start heading home. The weather was getting worse, and even Aunt Tt had called to let me know how worried she was about us!! So we loaded everything into the car and headed for home. What usually is a 45 min drive took us almost and hour and a half. We had to go 30 all the way home. However we made it safe and sound.
We had a talk with Bird before putting her to bed. We told her that HoHo was coming, and he was going to leave her lots of presents in the morning! She was out like a light!! I could hear the little elves working away as they carefully placed each present strategically under the tree!!
We were soooo excited for morning!!!
To be continued.....
Comments