I have been up for most the night, my Papa is having exploratory knee surgery this am. To you and I, no big deal, but to an 80 year old man....it's kindda scary! They will put him under around 8am supposedly. I worry about intubating at his age, but he is in great health and I know God will keep him safe. Grandma will be there by his side as well.
My Mom and Uncle are taking him this am. Good thing my Uncle called and said he didn't want my Mom to go alone.....I would have called into work for sure! We won't know what is causing him so much pain until after the surgery, and depending on if they find something and take care of it then and there, he will need to be basically immobilized until it heals.....if you know my Papa at all...this will be the ultimate task!! My Mom is going to stay the night with him tonight, and then my Uncle will be with him on Thursday and Friday. I will take the weekend shift most likely!
So if you have a spare minute...just say a little prayer.....for this man means the world to so many of us!!! Thanks!!
My Mom and Uncle are taking him this am. Good thing my Uncle called and said he didn't want my Mom to go alone.....I would have called into work for sure! We won't know what is causing him so much pain until after the surgery, and depending on if they find something and take care of it then and there, he will need to be basically immobilized until it heals.....if you know my Papa at all...this will be the ultimate task!! My Mom is going to stay the night with him tonight, and then my Uncle will be with him on Thursday and Friday. I will take the weekend shift most likely!
So if you have a spare minute...just say a little prayer.....for this man means the world to so many of us!!! Thanks!!
Comments