What a day we had. We awoke early to let Bird open all her gifts from Mommy and Daddy, and Santa. Once we had it all cleaned up, I began cooking biscuits and gravy for my Dad and Billie. Johnny and his fam were running a bit behind, so we thought we could go ahead and eat. It was soooo yummy. Billie brought some fruit, and man was it tasty!! She even brought over pineapple...ummmm one of my favs!! 
We headed down stairs to wait for my brother. We didn't have to wait long, which was a good thing....Bird thought what ever was wrapped was for her to unwrap!! The kids were rarin to go. I remember last year...Bird didn't really get the whole gift idea, and Little Man was all about the unwrapping and not really caring about what was inside!! Not this year!! Everything he opened he really said...."look just what I've always wanted"!! I cracked up every time!



The gifts were plenty, and LARGE...thanks Big Pa!! I got a KU snuggie and I am not afraid to tell everyone how much I love that thing!! It's so soft!! The Husband of course got gift certs to Home Depot and Lowes...who would have ever thunk it?? LOL!! We hung out for a bit, and then it was time to clean up and head over to Nana's house for Christmas with her and the rest of the Fam.



We had to get out in the yucky blizzard weather. Lucky for me, my Nitro is like a little tank, it can get anywhere!! We got to Moms and once again there were presents everywhere! Bird was dressed in her pretty little Christmas dress. I just wanted to eat her up....she was just precious! She and Hunter love helping one another open their gifts. It was so cute to watch! Nana sure did spoil them. I have never seen so many toys, shoes, and best of all snow gear!! Bird is set to go play in this snow once the wind stops, and it hopefully warms up a tad bit!




Mom got all of us adults gift certificates to our favorite places. The Husbands....yep you guessed it Home Depot, but mine...mine was so much better then that....I actually got cash just in case I needed to order something off the Internet, but mine is intended for my photography!! Sweet!! I can't wait to see what I will purchase!!








We headed down stairs to wait for my brother. We didn't have to wait long, which was a good thing....Bird thought what ever was wrapped was for her to unwrap!! The kids were rarin to go. I remember last year...Bird didn't really get the whole gift idea, and Little Man was all about the unwrapping and not really caring about what was inside!! Not this year!! Everything he opened he really said...."look just what I've always wanted"!! I cracked up every time!




The gifts were plenty, and LARGE...thanks Big Pa!! I got a KU snuggie and I am not afraid to tell everyone how much I love that thing!! It's so soft!! The Husband of course got gift certs to Home Depot and Lowes...who would have ever thunk it?? LOL!! We hung out for a bit, and then it was time to clean up and head over to Nana's house for Christmas with her and the rest of the Fam.



We had to get out in the yucky blizzard weather. Lucky for me, my Nitro is like a little tank, it can get anywhere!! We got to Moms and once again there were presents everywhere! Bird was dressed in her pretty little Christmas dress. I just wanted to eat her up....she was just precious! She and Hunter love helping one another open their gifts. It was so cute to watch! Nana sure did spoil them. I have never seen so many toys, shoes, and best of all snow gear!! Bird is set to go play in this snow once the wind stops, and it hopefully warms up a tad bit!




Mom got all of us adults gift certificates to our favorite places. The Husbands....yep you guessed it Home Depot, but mine...mine was so much better then that....I actually got cash just in case I needed to order something off the Internet, but mine is intended for my photography!! Sweet!! I can't wait to see what I will purchase!!
The rest of the family started showing up around 2pm. Uncle Dave, Aunt Deanna, Robert, and Papa were the first to arrive. Uncle Dave brought a ham....and oh my goodness I couldn't wait to dig in!! Mom made home made Chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes. I contributed with homemade Chex mix to snack on. Papa brought homemade apple strudel, man that brought back some great memories of when I would go over to grandmas just to help make all the apple strudel, povitiza, and peanut brittle...all of which Papa makes now!!

Little Dave and Angela showed up with little Logan. He is getting so big, and looks so much like his daddy!! Angie and the kids showed up as well. Man that is one large crew!! They are all growing up so fast!! Brit is just as beautiful as ever!! I was so glad everyone made it to celebrate Christmas, but more importantly they made it safely.
Little Dave and Angela showed up with little Logan. He is getting so big, and looks so much like his daddy!! Angie and the kids showed up as well. Man that is one large crew!! They are all growing up so fast!! Brit is just as beautiful as ever!! I was so glad everyone made it to celebrate Christmas, but more importantly they made it safely.
We all hung out until about 6:30pm when we all decide it was time to start heading home. The snow was still coming down. When we got home we couldn't even tell that the Husband had shoveled the drive!! Bird crashed once we pulled out of Nana's drive, but I knew if we put her down for the night...she would be up in the middle of the night ready to play. So I woke her up to play a little more!!


I don't think she minded. We took some family pics since I knew we had forgotten to snap any earlier in the day! The Husband had to go pick up my Mom and take her to do a quick store check at 10pm, so once her left, Bird and I crawled up onto my bed and we cuddled until her eyes drifted off to sleep once again.
We had a great Christmas, lots of family and that's what counted the most!! I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Holiday. We still have just a few more gits to give, but for the most part our Christmas is over. It's a sad story really!!
Until next year....when not only will we have Bird....but we will have another addition to our wonderful family!!! :) Merry Christmas everyone!!
Comments