We had a skating party on Sat. to attend and so I told the kiddos we would go get them their very own skates so they could practice before we went. They were pumped! Little Man was a bit nervous, but was excited for the new adventure. So off we went to Target to get some roller skates. Bird got a pair of Dora skates, and Little Man got Spider man. We had to go see Nana at work so they could show them off. I told them that once we were done visiting Nana that we needed to go home and take a nap so they could be big and strong for some roller skating.
Lord....the big and strong idea didn't work out so much. Neither kiddo took a nap, and before I knew it, it was time to get ready to go. The Husband made it home in time to help me load them up and head to the rink. I was soooo excited. Do you know how many Friday and Saturday nights I had spent at the roller skating rink? I was sad though...no skating for the mom to be!! We got there and the music was pumpin, and the kids were a plenty!! It was soooo hot in there! Bird was loving the music from the get go.
We got the skates out. Bird looked so stinkin cute in her Dora skates. Little Man was waiting patiently for the Husband to get his out of the package.....until.....we discover that Little Mans feet were wayyyyy to big!! He was sooo sad. I told him that we would get him another pair that fit, but that they had big kid skates he could wear. Excitement was on his face again! We got them all laced up and ready to go. Bird was just clomping all around, and little man was being wheeled around by the Husband! Neither one of them wanted to try the rink just yet.
The Husband wasn't going to attempt to skate....we can't afford to have him out of work. So cousin Angie said she would skate with them. Little Man got out there and made it a few rolls before his little legs gave out and he had to have three of them help him back to carpet safety!! He was soooooo proud of himself it was too cute. Bird never tackled the rink, but we have plenty of time for that. They played games, ate cupcakes and rocked out to the music!!
Once we got home they ate dinner and were both worn out!! 7:30 pm and they both were begging to go night night!! We loved having the nephew over, and Bird loved it even more!
Until next time!!
Comments