Little Birdie had her 2 year check up yesterday. The Dr. can't believe how fast time flies! (You see The Husband and I both worked with her in the Er at Children's when she was just a resident!!) Bird is off the chart in her motor skills and her verbal communication skills....who would have thought!! She's just a little chatter box! As for the growth chart, she weighed in at 24.9 lbs and was 39 inches tall! She's long and lean! 75% for height, and 25% for weight! Man I wish I had her issues!! She did end up needing one last shot, but won't need anymore until her kindergarten check up! She was a trooper, only cried for a split second, then heard the word sucker and all was better!
Goose had her hernia surgery done last week. I was a complete wreck. I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia. We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in. Goose had no idea what was going on. She was just as happy s can be. It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home. When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ. We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon. When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face. In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life. I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening. We work...
Comments