Skip to main content

And so....the family of 3 is now 4!!!

It was a normal Sunday afternoon, Bird and I snuggling on my bed, watching some cartoons, and most of all having a great time. Once nap time rolled around, she climbed into her crib all by herself and looked up at me with the most grown up eyes and said..."night night Mommy"! My heart melted. When did my baby grow up?
I went back to my room....I had been feeling a ton of pressure the last few days. I knew I was getting a little nervous since we were scheduled to be induced on the morning at 6am! I couldn't believe that with in 24 hours we were going to meet our precious bundle we had been waiting 9 mths to see! There really was a light at the end of the tunnel....then all of a sudden I felt it...that feeling of sticking a needle into a balloon. WHAT....really all alone again and my water breaks??? I go into the bathroom and felt the small gush. Yep...it was time. There was no need to worry about 6am...the time was now! I calmly called the Husband and told him he needed to come home. "Seriously"?? Yes, seriously. I then called my Mom. I knew she would be right over. We had already been texting back and forth and I told her I was feeling a bit different today. She was at work and just right up the street, so that made me feel better. I had to call my brother to come and get Bird. He jumped in the truck and almost got to my house before the Husband did! LOL!
Once the Husband got home I knew he was going to want a shower, and I was still feeling pretty good. No huge contractions yet...just like I felt with Bird. Finally about 1:15pm we headed for the hospital. The Husband had paged my Dr., but of course the day I go into labor is the ONE day he already had prior commitments. Awesome, never in the 2 pregnancies have I ever seen anyone else!! Oh well...ya get what ya get, and as long as you get me a strong healthy baby..I don't care if your the man next door delivering me! (Well maybe!)
Dr. Murphy had called to let them know we would be arriving shortly, so they were ready for us when we got there. I had noticed that unlike with Bird, I wasn't leaking a ton of fluid, but didn't really think much of it. When the nurse was checking to make sure my water really did break and I didn't just well umm "wet" myself, she stated..."it's pretty dry...have you been leaking a lot?" Once again never really crossed my mind. So she says..."Well let me just check you and see if I can lift the baby's head a little"! Weird, but ok. Sure enough, she moved her head and well...the flood gates were opened. Goose was sitting sooo low that she was more like a cork!

I was a strong 3 when I checked in. 45 min later when I got my epidural I was a good 5. Did I mention how HOT the anesthesiologist was?? And there I was in all my glory! LOL!! He was amazing...I'm talking about his procedure people!! It was quick and to the point and did the trick. In no time I was feeling no pain! Aghhh to relax. This time around was MUCH more relaxing. My nurse was great, and I knew for the most part what to expect.

I had a great time just waiting for her to arrive. The nurse gave me a cherry Popsicle and made my evening! LOL! Not just boring old ice chips! I had a great group of friends and family to crack jokes with and let me just tell you...I was a little loopy I do believe! Tracy kept writing everything that was off the wall down. (That will be my next blog...the things you should and shouldn't say while in labor!!) Mom, Betsy and Erin were all there as well.
Once the nurse came in and said your a good 7 almost and 8...things began to go FAST! I mean REALLY FAST! They had me turn on my side because once again Kenley's heart rate kept dropping just a bit, then the horrible sakes started. I grabbed the Husband and he knew I was in pain. I was FEELING it. Not like a little, like a whole lot. The epidural wasn't working the way it should. I then started moaning through the contractions, and I felt I needed to push. My mother in law knew something was not right..being she's a nurse her self she knew I should not be feeling it like that. I had all I could take, I pretty much yelled.."someone needs to get a nurse"! My sister in law jumped up and went and got someone. It was almost shift change so again a new nurse comes in. Just so happened I attended high school with her! LOL! She immediately asked if I would be more comfortable with someone else..."honey we don't have time for someone else"!! She checked me and sure enough I was a 10 plus 1!! What I never knew there was such a number! The Dr. then came in and was a bit well ummmm condescending to the nurse and really asked her if the baby was crowning! Listen Mr. If you don't get down there and catch this baby right NOW...we are going to have huge issues! He had to check it out for himself and sure enough he said...."Oh"! No kidding...I told you people she was coming! He could tell I was feeling the pain, so he had to numb me with the biggest needle my husband and mother had ever seen.
Once everyone else realized what I had already known, stuff started coming out of the walls, dropping down from the ceiling, people were rushing here and there, and still there I lay about to die!! Well no sooner did they get my legs into the stirrups, the Dr. asked me to push...then told me to STOP pushing. I remember my Mom saying how much hair she had...WHAT, you already see her head. The Dr. said she was going to need a hair cut, and the next thing I know he said give me one more easy push, and I heard the most beautiful sound of all sounds. That first gasp of air into our new born baby's lungs. 1 and a half pushes and she was here! Amazing! It was all so worth it.

Tracy was snapping pics like crazy, which I will forever be grateful for. I didn't get those kind of shots with Bird, and honestly until I saw my best friends shots by accident, I never would have thought I wanted them. They are definitely something I will hold dear forever. Those are moments you will never get back!

Goose was born at 6:57pm weighing in at 7lbs 4oz and 19 inches long. She was BEAUTIFUL!! My heart was immediately engulfed with love for this new addition to our family. It truly is a miracle how fast you can love someone!! Thanks to everyone who was there to witness our miracle, and to all who came and visited in the hospital, but most of all to God for once again blessing us with yet another one of his little angels!!

We truly are BLESSED!!
Lots more to come from this family of 4!!

Comments

Rubydotlarue said…
She is an angel!!! You will continute to love her and Bird more and more!!!! It's amazing how your heart grows! You and Kurt are great parents and will do wonderful raising two pretty little girls!
ndsherring said…
Congratulations from the Herring family.

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...