What started started out to be a great Saturday night at my brothers house...good food, good people, and a little UFC match to come, quickly ended in a night spent in the ER!!
The husband had came home from work stating that he was having a dull pain in his lower left quadrant. We talked about it and thought he most likely had a UTI. So we loaded up the kiddos and headed over to my brothers house. We had just finished eating, and were all just sitting around hanging out when I looked over to the Husband and noticed he was pale and not his normal self. I asked him what was wrong and the panic in his eyes was horrible. He got up and headed for the bathroom. I went to check on him, only to find him in a cold sweat, and doubled over the sink. "we are going to the ER", I said. I loaded everyone back up, and headed for my Moms to drop of Bird. Mom was waiting at the door...thank goodness because the Husband was in so much pain by this time it was horrible to watch.
So the Husband, myself, and Goose made it to the hospital. We were there until almost 2:30am. They did a CT and found it was Kidney stones. He has one on the left side 3mm wide. They were going to send him home with pain meds when all of a sudden he started vomiting. That won him a overnight stay in the hospital. I couldn't stay there with Goose, I already hated having her there in the first place. Saying bye to him was sooo hard. We don't like to be away from one another, and when the other one is sick and we have to leave....tears just thinking about it. I left him there all by himself, but knew his Mom was on her way. I went and picked up Bird from my Mom since she was still wide awake at 2:30am!! She knew something was wrong bless her heart. I got the girls home and settled in....then I just laid there awake and missing my husband already.
The morning came and Grandma Betsy was gonna come sit with the girls so I could go hang out with the Husband. My phone rang and it was Mom...I could tell she was crying, and she said "I am on my way to overland Park Regional, they think Papa had a heart attack"! WHAT...is this a joke...I lost it. I couldn't stop the tears. Here I was stuck at home with our two babies, and not able to be with either one of them. Grandma Betsy left church early to come sit with the girls. Mom told me there was nothing I could do there and to go see how the Husband was. So I did.
When I got there he was still getting sick. He was so drugged up that he would be in mid sentence and fall asleep. Bless his heart. I only stayed for about an hour and a half, then decided to let him rest. Once I got home it was once again just the girls and I. Bird was such a HUGE help. She's just growing up so fast...I mean for only being 2...you would have thought I had a teenager at home helping me.
Papa was moved into a room and they had him on blood thinners so they could do a heart cath to see if there was blockage and how much. Mom was still up there, which was no surprise to me, I knew she wouldn't leave him, which made me feel better knowing I couldn't be there.
As for the Husband, here it was almost 7pm and I hadn't talked to him since I left the hospital. He finally called once he woke up. It was so hard to hear his voice and know he wasn't coming home again....not to mention the storms that were brewing outside. We didn't talk very long, he was still so sleepy. I bathed the Bird, had a complete melt down with her because she didn't want to put pants on. There we both were sobbing our eyes out!! Ughhhh I just needed a break. We made up and went and laid on my bed and watched Toy Story 2.
The storms kept me up all night long, and at 1:25am they woke Bird up. I brought her to my bed, turned on the TV, but it was "too bright" for her. She laid with me for just a short while, then told me she wanted to go "night, night". She went back to her bed and was out for the rest of the night. I was not. I just wanted the Husband to be home.
My phone went off early the next morning. It was the Husband, he was feeling good and just waiting to see the Dr. Yeah...Daddy was coming home! I got Bird to daycare and just waited for him to call and say come get me. Papa was just waiting to go back for his Cardio Cath. Mom kept me in the loop!!
So here we are after what seemed to be the longest 48 hours of my life, and the Husband is home...the stone is gone....and we are all happy. Papa just got done with his Cath lab, so we are just waiting on the results. Once he gets back to his room, we are going to head up there as well. Whew...I don't wish this kind of weekend on anyone...not even my worst enemy!! I am WORN out, but I am happy.
I want to say THANKS to my friends....you are all amazing! Thanks for all the offers to help in anyway! I love you all!!!
The husband had came home from work stating that he was having a dull pain in his lower left quadrant. We talked about it and thought he most likely had a UTI. So we loaded up the kiddos and headed over to my brothers house. We had just finished eating, and were all just sitting around hanging out when I looked over to the Husband and noticed he was pale and not his normal self. I asked him what was wrong and the panic in his eyes was horrible. He got up and headed for the bathroom. I went to check on him, only to find him in a cold sweat, and doubled over the sink. "we are going to the ER", I said. I loaded everyone back up, and headed for my Moms to drop of Bird. Mom was waiting at the door...thank goodness because the Husband was in so much pain by this time it was horrible to watch.
So the Husband, myself, and Goose made it to the hospital. We were there until almost 2:30am. They did a CT and found it was Kidney stones. He has one on the left side 3mm wide. They were going to send him home with pain meds when all of a sudden he started vomiting. That won him a overnight stay in the hospital. I couldn't stay there with Goose, I already hated having her there in the first place. Saying bye to him was sooo hard. We don't like to be away from one another, and when the other one is sick and we have to leave....tears just thinking about it. I left him there all by himself, but knew his Mom was on her way. I went and picked up Bird from my Mom since she was still wide awake at 2:30am!! She knew something was wrong bless her heart. I got the girls home and settled in....then I just laid there awake and missing my husband already.
The morning came and Grandma Betsy was gonna come sit with the girls so I could go hang out with the Husband. My phone rang and it was Mom...I could tell she was crying, and she said "I am on my way to overland Park Regional, they think Papa had a heart attack"! WHAT...is this a joke...I lost it. I couldn't stop the tears. Here I was stuck at home with our two babies, and not able to be with either one of them. Grandma Betsy left church early to come sit with the girls. Mom told me there was nothing I could do there and to go see how the Husband was. So I did.
When I got there he was still getting sick. He was so drugged up that he would be in mid sentence and fall asleep. Bless his heart. I only stayed for about an hour and a half, then decided to let him rest. Once I got home it was once again just the girls and I. Bird was such a HUGE help. She's just growing up so fast...I mean for only being 2...you would have thought I had a teenager at home helping me.
Papa was moved into a room and they had him on blood thinners so they could do a heart cath to see if there was blockage and how much. Mom was still up there, which was no surprise to me, I knew she wouldn't leave him, which made me feel better knowing I couldn't be there.
As for the Husband, here it was almost 7pm and I hadn't talked to him since I left the hospital. He finally called once he woke up. It was so hard to hear his voice and know he wasn't coming home again....not to mention the storms that were brewing outside. We didn't talk very long, he was still so sleepy. I bathed the Bird, had a complete melt down with her because she didn't want to put pants on. There we both were sobbing our eyes out!! Ughhhh I just needed a break. We made up and went and laid on my bed and watched Toy Story 2.
The storms kept me up all night long, and at 1:25am they woke Bird up. I brought her to my bed, turned on the TV, but it was "too bright" for her. She laid with me for just a short while, then told me she wanted to go "night, night". She went back to her bed and was out for the rest of the night. I was not. I just wanted the Husband to be home.
My phone went off early the next morning. It was the Husband, he was feeling good and just waiting to see the Dr. Yeah...Daddy was coming home! I got Bird to daycare and just waited for him to call and say come get me. Papa was just waiting to go back for his Cardio Cath. Mom kept me in the loop!!
So here we are after what seemed to be the longest 48 hours of my life, and the Husband is home...the stone is gone....and we are all happy. Papa just got done with his Cath lab, so we are just waiting on the results. Once he gets back to his room, we are going to head up there as well. Whew...I don't wish this kind of weekend on anyone...not even my worst enemy!! I am WORN out, but I am happy.
I want to say THANKS to my friends....you are all amazing! Thanks for all the offers to help in anyway! I love you all!!!
Comments
Still praying for Papa and everyones else's wellness! Thank goodness for the "little" people in our lives they play a HUGE part!