Once we got home and I saw just how much Bird had thrown up, I knew it was definitely NOT from being scared of the storm. My gut told me it was from her head knock!! So Nana stayed at our house with Goose and we headed to Children's Mercy South. Luckily it was not busy at all, and we saw an awesome nurse that we used to work with down town who knew that we weren't just there for kicks on a Friday night. She weighed in at a huge 27lbs...lol, with no fever of course. We got back to the back and the Dr. came in and told me due to protocol they were not going to CT her. She needed to have vomited at least 3 times and since it's only been Twice by this time.....well you should probably just take her home and watch her. "Oh and honestly...I don't think the vomiting has anything to do with her hitting her head". I was FUMING!!! Look Mr. you may have the schooling and the almost name of Dr.......but I'm a Mama, and one that worked in a children's ER for almost 4 years....YES it's from the head injury!! We got almost home and what do you know...Bird puked again. I told the Husband to turn the car around and we were going back. I would have never been able to live with my self if I let someone else tell me what I knew was wrong, and something worse happened to our baby.

We got back and it was late enough that a new Dr. was now on duty. Loved her!! A CT it was. We tried having Bird fall asleep and get into the CT scanner...not so much luck. So they ordered and IV and sedation. This was by far the worst part. I held down kiddos for this procedure all the time and it never bothered me like this. I couldn't stop the tears. I just didn't want my baby to be in pain anymore. They also gave her medicine to stop the vomiting. She fell asleep before they gave her the sedation, so we thought maybe...just maybe she would stay that way. Grrrrr Mr. radiology man, she so would have if you didn't feel the need to tuck towels here and there....the kid was NOT moving. The nurses were a bit perturbed with him as well. So the great little nurse we had only administered one small dose of sedation, and she was out. It was scary watching her vitals on a monitor...no one wants to be on that end. I would have given anything to been lying there and not her!


Once the CT was done we went back to the room and Bird slept on my chest. I held her so tight and just kept telling her I loved her. The Dr. came in and guess what....A SKULL FX!! It's soooo super small, but it's there! So a mothers gut is right once again! She took the Husband back so he could see it on the CT report. Bird started coming off of sedation and we were able to go home and just watch her.


Once the CT was done we went back to the room and Bird slept on my chest. I held her so tight and just kept telling her I loved her. The Dr. came in and guess what....A SKULL FX!! It's soooo super small, but it's there! So a mothers gut is right once again! She took the Husband back so he could see it on the CT report. Bird started coming off of sedation and we were able to go home and just watch her.

What a scary few hours. Poor Nana just sobbed when she went into Birds room to kiss her goodnight and goodbye. She felt like it was her fault since she thought she had been pushing the stroller and let go. It would have happened to any of us. No ones fault at all. Bird loves her Nana!! We are all better now, just taking it easy!!
Bird Mommy and Daddy Love you to the Moon and Back!! Please don't scare us like this again...K!! :)
Comments