We loaded up the car on Nov. 30th and headed to Branson. Kenny and Beth were going down with us this year as well. We had a cabin booked at Big Cedar, which I personally believe is the way to go! We met up with the Schlagels in Clinton, MO. We grabbed a bite to eat and hit the road again. We arrived to the cabin around 10pm. Big Cedar was completely lit up. It was beautiful. Bird LOVED all the lights. She sat on my lap as we drove through the resort.

The cabin was oh so cute!! Once we got all unloaded the men headed into town to grab a few things along with a bottle of wine for Beth and I! Oh how relaxed I was. 2 glasses of wine and a large sauna bath tub.....HEAVEN!! Oh wait...did I mention that I never got to take a bath alone? Nope, not once! LOL....Bird was the cleanest kiddo in Branson! She took 5 baths I do believe in a 24 hour period! She thought it was the neatest thing ever! It was more like a pool for her!!

We woke up Wed. went and had breakfast at the Devils Pool Restaurant. It was yummy!! Once we were done with breakfast it was time to hit the shops!! We headed into town for a little outlet shopping. The weather a little bit cold, but not to horrible. We had a great time, got some great things, and most of all Bird had a blast riding all the .50 rides nicely placed for all us parents that wear the label SUCKER on our foreheads!! LOL!! Oh well...it's once a year right! We headed back to the cabin, stopped and picked up a bite to eat for lunch and decided just to hang out at the cabin, make dinner on the grill, then get bundled up for our wagon ride around the property full of lights.




The cabin was oh so cute!! Once we got all unloaded the men headed into town to grab a few things along with a bottle of wine for Beth and I! Oh how relaxed I was. 2 glasses of wine and a large sauna bath tub.....HEAVEN!! Oh wait...did I mention that I never got to take a bath alone? Nope, not once! LOL....Bird was the cleanest kiddo in Branson! She took 5 baths I do believe in a 24 hour period! She thought it was the neatest thing ever! It was more like a pool for her!!
We woke up Wed. went and had breakfast at the Devils Pool Restaurant. It was yummy!! Once we were done with breakfast it was time to hit the shops!! We headed into town for a little outlet shopping. The weather a little bit cold, but not to horrible. We had a great time, got some great things, and most of all Bird had a blast riding all the .50 rides nicely placed for all us parents that wear the label SUCKER on our foreheads!! LOL!! Oh well...it's once a year right! We headed back to the cabin, stopped and picked up a bite to eat for lunch and decided just to hang out at the cabin, make dinner on the grill, then get bundled up for our wagon ride around the property full of lights.

We all loaded onto the wagon....the weather once again was really not that bad. The girls were all bundled up and we were all snug in the wagon....when about 10 min into the ride, all of a sudden we were going over a rocky creek crossings when the horses reared up and took off. The poor little cowboy up front jumped to his feet, pulled back on the reins and was able to stop the two in no time. Everyone stayed calm, as we realized we had lost a wagon wheel. We all unloaded just in case the horses would spook again. A van came and picked us up and took us back to the campfire where our night ended with a singing cowboy and his singing wife. It was great! They sang Silent Night and I could feel the tears well up in my eyes as I just stared down at Goose and thanked God for all I have in my life! I am truly blessed.

Thursday was picture day, then Silver Dollar City day!! Oh and best of all it was Beth's Birthday! We celebrated with a cake made of doughnuts and Gerber Daisy's in empty beer bottles. It was truly so cute!! The weather was getting warmer, and by the time we got to SDC at 1 when they opened it was about 56 degrees!! We couldn't have asked for a better day!! There were no lines we got right on the roller coasters. Bird of course watched us having a blast on the "big" roller coasters and insisted she ride. As a kid I loved fire in the hole, so I thought well...if she's big enough why not. Sure enough she hit the "must be this tall" mark by just a smidgen. So I took her through the line. As we stood there waiting for the car, she giggled with excitement. I really thought she would say she didn't want to do it , nope she climbed on in and the giggling continued. Once the ride started, I can tell you this...I don't recall it being so dark in there!! Bird was a trooper, talking the entire time and once all was said and done...she wanted to ride it again. So she grabbed her Daddy and we all went. I sat behind them, and I could tell the Husband was a nervous wreck!! He hates roller coasters. Once we got off he was sweating and said "never again". not only was it a roller coaster, but it scared him that he couldn't see her face and know that she wasn't scared!

Thursday was picture day, then Silver Dollar City day!! Oh and best of all it was Beth's Birthday! We celebrated with a cake made of doughnuts and Gerber Daisy's in empty beer bottles. It was truly so cute!! The weather was getting warmer, and by the time we got to SDC at 1 when they opened it was about 56 degrees!! We couldn't have asked for a better day!! There were no lines we got right on the roller coasters. Bird of course watched us having a blast on the "big" roller coasters and insisted she ride. As a kid I loved fire in the hole, so I thought well...if she's big enough why not. Sure enough she hit the "must be this tall" mark by just a smidgen. So I took her through the line. As we stood there waiting for the car, she giggled with excitement. I really thought she would say she didn't want to do it , nope she climbed on in and the giggling continued. Once the ride started, I can tell you this...I don't recall it being so dark in there!! Bird was a trooper, talking the entire time and once all was said and done...she wanted to ride it again. So she grabbed her Daddy and we all went. I sat behind them, and I could tell the Husband was a nervous wreck!! He hates roller coasters. Once we got off he was sweating and said "never again". not only was it a roller coaster, but it scared him that he couldn't see her face and know that she wasn't scared!
She rode all the kiddie rides. Loving them all. We watched the light parade, had amazing food, enjoyed the train ride with the true meaning of Christmas story which is definitely my favorite part. We wrapped all our fun up and headed back towards home at around 8pm. We rolled into home at about 11pm. It was a long drive, but as always we had a GREAT time. Definitely a tradition we will continue!!! Until next year!!

Comments