There are no pictures to share, no funny stories to tell....just a short moment straight from the heart. I know I am a very lucky Mommy....I enjoy every minute I get to spend with my girls and try to never take a moment for granted. I get to be there when they wake up and be there to tuck them back into bed for the night.
The Husband on the other hand doesn't get that option for most of the week. He is up and gone from the house by 6:30am. The girls don't usually wake up until around 7am. So he misses those precious moments with them. he doesn't get to see the mood they will most likely keep throughout their day, or if they wake up not feeling well, or that precious first smile of the day.
However......Bird has recently started a new routine. She is dead asleep when the Husband kisses me goodbye for the day, and goes to his car in the garage. The minute that door opens though...I hear the pitter patter of her little feet. She jumps out of bed and rips the blinds apart so she can wave to her Daddy. Tears are welling in my eyes as I think about these moments. They are pure, and they are the sweetest moments to remember.
Sat. Morning the Husband did as normal.....the garage door opened...I heard Bird get out of bed...then I head it...the cutest little voice ever....."Bye Bye Daddy". I instantly teared up once again. She didn't come get me as she usually does...nope she went and got right back in her bed, turned her music on and went back to bed. My heart was sooo full. She got up just so she could tell her Daddy Bye Bye!!!
I know these few brief moments in the morning just make Daddy's Day!! Just being on the inside and hearing those sweet moments make mine!!
The Husband on the other hand doesn't get that option for most of the week. He is up and gone from the house by 6:30am. The girls don't usually wake up until around 7am. So he misses those precious moments with them. he doesn't get to see the mood they will most likely keep throughout their day, or if they wake up not feeling well, or that precious first smile of the day.
However......Bird has recently started a new routine. She is dead asleep when the Husband kisses me goodbye for the day, and goes to his car in the garage. The minute that door opens though...I hear the pitter patter of her little feet. She jumps out of bed and rips the blinds apart so she can wave to her Daddy. Tears are welling in my eyes as I think about these moments. They are pure, and they are the sweetest moments to remember.
Sat. Morning the Husband did as normal.....the garage door opened...I heard Bird get out of bed...then I head it...the cutest little voice ever....."Bye Bye Daddy". I instantly teared up once again. She didn't come get me as she usually does...nope she went and got right back in her bed, turned her music on and went back to bed. My heart was sooo full. She got up just so she could tell her Daddy Bye Bye!!!
I know these few brief moments in the morning just make Daddy's Day!! Just being on the inside and hearing those sweet moments make mine!!
Comments