Skip to main content

WordFULL Wednesday!!!

That's right....I have a lot to say today!!  Today was Cadence's very first visit to the dentist.  It started with Mommy picking her up from daycare/school at 1:30.  We let Sissy stay at school with her friends so it could be a day all about Cadence!!  We had about an hour to kill before we needed to leave for her appointment.  So to the house we headed.

Once at home we went to her room and grabbed her Dora story book.  We sat on her floor and read Dora Goes to the Dentist!!  I thought what a great way to prep her.  Sure enough the book went over an entire visit...from waiting in the waiting room for your turn to taking Xrays of your teeth. 
We walked into the office and it was like a party was going on.  They had Beauty and the Beast playing on the Huge flat screen, there were balloons everywhere, and the over all vibe was just very welcoming!!  Cadence got a feel for the waiting room while I filled out her paperwork.  Once they called us back, she walked right over to the assistant and told her..."I have to be nice"!  LOL!!  I just giggled.  She is so funny...yes, it's true, I asked her to be nice, and do what the Dentist needed her to do.  The room was  open and had 6 chairs in it.  The kids can all see one another which helps ease the nerves as well I think.  Cadence hopped right up on hers and once she saw the movie playing above where she needed to lay her head, she had no problem laying back.  She was SO BIG!!  She wasn't scared of the instruments or anything!!  She let her clean her teeth, and floss them!!
After her pearly whites were all clean, we headed off to the Xray room.  Once again our little girl just hopped up in the chair, let her lay the lead apron on her, and was a champ at opening her mouth and biting down on the little part that needed to stay in her mouth for some pics!!  Two pictures and she was done.  They will get the sides at next appointment, Dr. Mike saw no reason to over do it since she was doing so amazing!! 
Finally Dr. Mike came to see Cadence and he was very impressed with how clean her teeth were. He found a little divot in one of her front teeth, so we have to go back to have a little filling because he doesn't want it turning into a cavity.  She has a cross bite, but he says most kids out grow it and we wouldn't even talk orthodontics until she got all her adult teeth anyway.  He gave Cadence a high five and told her to head over to the toy shop to use her token for a toy.  She thought that was so cool!!  She then came back with a toy and a Popsicle.  The assistant told her she wanted a Popsicle this time and ice cream next!!  LOL!!  I tell ya...she is a girl who knows what she wants!!

So out we walked with a bag full of goodies, a pink balloon, a pink Popsicle, a VERY PROUD little 3 year old, and an ever more proud Mommy!!  What a great day!! 

Cadence you never cease to amaze me.  You looked so frail and little up there in that big dentist chair, however your body language and your demeanor showed nothing but a brave, and intrigued little lady!!  GREAT JOB BIRD!!  Mommy and Daddy couldn't be more proud!!!

Comments

Rubydotlarue said…
We LOVE Dr. Mike!! My kids seriously look forward to going. Garrett goes for the first time this summer but he's been so many times with Delaney that he's excited for his appointment! She did such a good job! She is getting so big so fast! We should probably start planning wedding details now so we can relax and enjoy the day our kids walk down the aisle together! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...