Skip to main content

Joplin Tornado 05/22/2011

It’s like a storm

That cuts a path

It’s breaks your will

It feels like that....

This past weekend Sunday was a storm for the history books unfortunately.  A category 5 tornado ripped the town of Joplin MO in half.  So many families lost their loved ones and their homes.  Kansas City went into Mass Causality mode and open our hospitals to the injured.  As the help flooded in from everywhere, so did the rain....it just kept pounding them.  It made the search for the living very difficult. 
You think your lost

But your not lost on your own

Your not alone

I will stand by you

I will help you through

When you’ve done all you can do

If you can’t cope

I will dry your eyes

I will fight your fight

I will hold you tight

And I wont let go
It hurts my heart

To see you cry

I know it’s dark

This part of life

Oh it finds us all

And we’re too small

To stop the rain

Oh but when it rains
They are still searching for survivors.  Their local hospital was hit as well, so people that have been found injured have been transported to surrounding hospitals.  Though this is great, it's also very heart wrenching to hear the stories of their loved ones that have no way of getting to them.  I want to get in my car drive the 2 hours at the most and shuttle people to and from their loved ones.  The loss is devastating.  Makes you realize that it CAN happen anywhere.  As the week has gone on Mother Nature has not helped in anyway shape or form.  I will stand by you


I will help you through

When you’ve done all you can do

And you can’t cope

I will dry your eyes

I will fight your fight

I will hold you tight
As the sun was finally rising on Joplin, Kansas City was hit by a burst out of Tornado's on Wed. 2/25/2011.  I will honestly tell you in all my 33 years here on Earth, I have never had to take cover for real in during the work day.  I was terrified.  I am in a 15 story building, so I made my way to the first floor stairwell.  I was keeping it together for the most part until the stranger beside me could see my fear....she reached out grabbed my hand and started praying to the Lord above that he keep us safe.  The tears just started rolling down my face.  All I could think about was this had to be what those poor people in Joplin felt.  I wanted to be with my babies, I needed the strength of my husband to make me feel safe, but there I was surrounded by strangers, and yet this wonderful woman took me under her wing to try and make me feel safe with her and the Big Man up above.  The Tornado's touched down about 10 miles to the South East of us, and 45 min. later we were given the all clear.  THANK YOU LORD!! 

I jumped out of the stairwell, made sure my babies and my husband were all right.  I went to tell the woman thank you...and she was gone.  I have never seen her in the 2 years I have been in this building, but on a day that was one of the most terrifying moments in my life as of yet....she was there.  So Thank You to the praying stranger in the stairwell!! 

Reaching home at 5:30 that evening was amazing.  I couldn't get there fast enough!  I went in and loved on my family.  Bird made my day by telling me with the biggest smile on her face...."Mommy...we had a tomato drill at school today"!!! 

**Lord please be with the people in Joplin as they start to pick up the pieces.  Be with the families that have lost loved ones, and with those that are still looking for the missing and unaccounted for. 

To all those in Joplin.....GOD BLESS









Comments

Rubydotlarue said…
Great POST!!! I keep hearing reports of how they have too many supplies and pleanty of blood and lots of help. I think it's a great thing that so many of us stepped up to help where we could! Jason's company is going to wait about a month and pay for gas and hotel fees for a team of Weaver's employees to go and help rebuild. Once all of the news crews have left and the pieces are left behind. Such a devastating loss.

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...