Skip to main content

Our little Staycation at the Great Wolf Lodge

My Mom and I decided that we all needed a little get away, but the thought of going very far with three kiddos under 5 was just not our idea of a vacation!!  So we decided to indulge in a little "staycation" instead!!  We thought about all the things around town we could do, and decided on a stay at the Great Wolf Lodge. 
We loaded up the troops at around 4pm on Thursday afternoon and headed to the lodge.  Check in was painless and quick.  We were on the first floor which was perfect.  We were right by everything!  So we unloaded the cars and got our suits on!!  Why waste swim time!! 
 As we walked into the warm 84 degree water park, you should have seen the kids eyes light up!  all of a sudden they took off.  No life jackets, and they were off.  Thank goodness I followed, because they both bee lined right for the big water slides!!  No SIR!!  Not without life jackets you don't!!  So we went back down to the front and fitted them both with jackets that the park provides!  Then they really were off!!  We climbed back to the 4 story tree house and holy wow...they both went down the large, enclosed, dark, HUGE water slides all by themselves.  I was in shock...neither one of them had an ounce of fear!!  I went down after them and on the way down all I could think of was, I bet Bird FREAKED out!!  It was pitch black in there and seemed to last forever!!  However when I reached the bottom there she was jumping up and down and so very proud of herself!! 

 They were such little fish!!  They couldn't get enough.  They wanted to go ride the super big slides, so of course I was the only willing participant at first to take them!  Up we went!!  They both hopped in the three person raft and we were flyin!!  It was so cute I could hear them both screaming with delight!!  We hit the bottom and their grins were priceless!!   Yep, we ended up riding the big slides quite a bit.  Heck Nana and the Husband even got in on the fun!! 
By eight o'clock we were beginning to get hungry and tired.  So we headed for the hot tub to calm down and relax a bit.  This is where Goose decided to shine!!  She LOVED it!  I think because it was more like a bath to her!!  She was walking around on the ledge, and trying like crazy to put her face in!  She was having a blast.  You could just see how relaxed it was making us all!!  Much needed I tell ya!! 

We went back to the room and changed into our clothes and headed for the restaurant for some grub!  The food was excellent and the service wasn't bad either!  All three kiddos got a pair of wolf ears to take home for souvenirs.  Once we were done and got back to the room it was like 930pm.  We were all worn out, so to bed we went.  The two older kiddos snuggled up on the bottom bunk together, while Goose slept in her pack and play.  The husband and I took the queen bed and Nana slept on the hideaway. 

Soooo sleep wasn't really in the cards for us!!  There was thumping and kids having a great time all around us.  It was going to make for a very long day.  7am came very early!!  We went back to the same restaurant for breakfast.  We headed back to the room once again.  Loaded everything back into the car except for our swim gear and  headed for the pool once again!! 
We even went outside for a bit in the am....but man was it chilly!!  Still didn't stop the two big kids!!  They jumped right in!  We went back inside and the kiddos wanted to stand under the "Big Bucket"!!  It was so much fun to watch!!  Man it's a ton of water that's for sure!!  We ended up hanging out all day until about 4pm when the kids were beyond worn out and I gotta tell ya...so were us big people!!
The kids didn't even make it to the highway before they were snoring!  We got home and they woke up for a bit, then went right back to bed.  Not kidding....they both slept until almost 10 am this morning!!  WOW!!  I would say that means we had a very successful Staycation!!  One I know we will for sure repeat!! 
Thank You family for one amazing "Staycation"!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...