Skip to main content

A time I wish she wasn't just like me!!!

These last two nights have been rough in our household.  The babies have been restless.  I am pretty sure Goose is getting her 1 year molars, and hence for the lack of sleep on her part.  Bird.....well poor Bird it's a different story. 

Two nights ago our family was sooo worn out.  The husband and I had been up for over 24 hours due to him working the overnight shift for some overtime.  So when we all hit the bed, we were out like lights!!  The girls fell asleep at about 8:30pm, and we weren't far behind them.  Well at about 10:40pm, I hear Bird crying.  I jumped up and nudged the Husband who also jumped up and went to calm her down.  I sat there for a moment and realized she was still crying, so I got up as well and went to see what was going on.  Well, when I got to the hallway, I noticed her crying wasn't coming from her room, but from down the hall towards the living room which is on a different level!!  I got down to the living room and they weren't there, no...they were at the bottom of the second flight of stairs where my studio is.  The husband was holding her, and so I took her from him.  I was so out of sorts....this had never happened before, she's not a sleep walker, and how on earth did she get down those stairs without falling???? 

I got her back to her room and held her for a bit.  She just kept saying it scared her.  So I waited next to her bed until she fell back asleep.  She woke up two more times that night because she was scared.  When she awoke the next morning as I was getting ready for work I asked her what happened last night and why was she in the basement.  She simply stated...."the Thunder scared me"!!!  OH NO!!!  Not another Coward Candie in our home!!  The crazy thing is...there was no storm that night.  All I can think of was the young kid behind us usually comes home around then with his bass blaring. 

So last night...it was indeed slightly storming.  So at 11:45pm here she came with her pillow and blanket in hand begging to go downstairs until the Thunder stopped.  Poor Baby!  I know how she feels....I know the completely helpless feeling you get when the storm starts....and how you sit in complete nervousness until it's over and you know you are safe.  I sat down on the floor with her, and told her that the only time we have to go to the basement is when the loud Tornado sirens go off.  That tells us we need to be safe and go to the basement.  I reassured her that Mommy and Daddy would not let anything happen to her, and that we would always keep her safe.  I carried her back to her bed and held her for a bit longer.  She went back to sleep pretty easily, and didn't wake again until this am. 

I really do NOT wish this phobia on her at all.  Lord knows I am horrible when it comes to storms.  I will say that I have done a pretty good job of keeping my emotions hidden when the storms come in.  Bless her heart....I am just going to need to try harder!!

Bird- Mommy is sooo sorry.  I don't want you to be a terrified little girl like I was.  I want you to be strong like your Daddy, and watch them roll in like your Big Pa.  We are gonna work on it baby girl....I promise to make a 100% try  at helping you overcome this fear!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...