Papa wanted to take the kids out to Fort Osage this am! You know me, I am always up for some good ol fashioned family time! I embrace these moments that my kids get to spend with Papa. I remember hanging out with my Papa as a child, and three things I could always count on were Sour Creme and Onion chips, Red Creme Soda, and a great time no matter what we did....well today...I got 2 out of the three!! Red Creme Soda and a GREAT time!!
We all piled in the car and headed out to Fort Osage....after a short detour due to our inability to pay attention...we got to the fort. The kids were in awe!! Just the response I think Papa was hoping for! They were seriously running here and there. Climbing every stair case they found, exploring history right in front of our eyes!
Papa was just as excited, he was following them everywhere. He was snapping pics of them every chance he got. He would even have them pose in certain places. It was so super cute to watch. The kids were awesome, they were so good for us! Even after Papa of course had to pester them with the thought of a bear in the basement of one of the buildings!! LOL!! Then we go up the stairs and there is a bear carcas...papa acts as if it's got his hand....Bird flips out, runs over to him and grabs his arm and yells to the bear..."Let go of my Papa"!! It was so cute!! I was laughing so hard!!
We were headed back to the car when we stopped by a cement bench to put the camera away when Hunter walked across the top of it, and Papa came over and said...."hey lookie there....." it was a flippin SNAKE!! Aghhhh if you know me....you know I don't do snakes!! No thanks!!
All in all it was a great morning!! I hope to have so many more memories just like this!!
Comments