As we were walking through Toys R Us last evening, we were already to check out when Bird comes out of nowhere dragging this guitar in a box. She says to us...."I NEED this". I of course tell her it's too close to Christmas, you need to ask Santa. The tears start immediately. This isn't the first time she has asked for one, but I just thought....oh every kiddo loves things that make music!!
So when we got home and all sat down to watch the CMA's since both my girls loves listening to music, Bird ran downstairs and grabbed my guitar ( that I still to this day can't play....but refuse to get rid of). I had to grab my camera. I tell you what....just watching the expression she had holding, strumming, and admiring this instrument.....well it just filled my heart.
So when we got home and all sat down to watch the CMA's since both my girls loves listening to music, Bird ran downstairs and grabbed my guitar ( that I still to this day can't play....but refuse to get rid of). I had to grab my camera. I tell you what....just watching the expression she had holding, strumming, and admiring this instrument.....well it just filled my heart.
Those of you that know me, know that my TRUE passion in life is music! I had a lot of dreams of being a star, or singing to make people happy....well life doesn't always work out that way....but then again....I have two beautiful little fans that SMILE so big when Mama sings and honestly...I wouldn't have it any other way! I can only hope that they are blessed with the music in their veins as well.
So to you Bird....Sing on my little song Bird. Never let go of your dreams. Always know that Mommy and Daddy will support you 100%!! We love you our little Song Bird!!




Comments