Let me just start off by saying....we LOVE Christmas time at Silver Dollar City!! We haven't missed a year since Bird was born. This year we made it an extra special trip by stopping at cousin Sundie's house!! We made it down to Huntsville AK around 1:30pm. Bird was so excited!! Cousin Sundie had told her to come prepared to collect the chicken eggs and meet the new baby donkey Ziggy. We brought some empty egg cartons from home even so she could bring some of her fresh farm eggs home!
This rooster greeted us as we pulled in. He just walked all over and followed us everywhere. (R.I.P. poor rooster. We found him a little stiff Friday morning) :(
Goose wasn't quite sure what to think of all the chickens. She preferred to be behind the fence safe in her Daddy's arms!
Averi and Bird gathering all the chicken eggs. On Thursday we collected almost 2 and 1/2 dozen!!
Sundie teachin Bird the ropes. She is definitely our little farm girl at heart! She would just talk to those chickens....then she would throw a little feed here...and a little feed there! My heart was full I tell ya!
Look.....she even took charge and fed them herself!!
Once again....Goose was just not so sure...but Averi didn't mind one bit!
All in a days work....right Bird! :) I just love this pic!
After we collected eggs, and fed the animals up at the barn, the girls had to feed the rabbits. Yep, Bird jumped in once again!
Once back in, the kids played and played. They got to see all the pets inside...including the huge arse SNAKE!! I do NOT do snakes....TMI...but Sundie pulled it out and I got a nervous tummy and made a mad dash for the restroom!!! However.....my child just sat there and let it kiss all over her!! What?? OMG!! Just lookin at the pics makes me freak out a bit!
Sundie, myself, and the two older girls all headed to Fayetteville around 9:30pm for the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn!! We had soooo much fun! Sundie and Bay fell asleep while we were waiting, so of course Averi and I took pics! The movie was GREAT!! So glad I got to experience the frenzy of a midnight showing!! We ended up getting home at about 3am!!
(Bay's bed....yep it's a hammock!! Bird Loved it!)
Of course my girls so no mercy and were up at 7am! I really wasn't that tired crazy enough! We had breakfast, went and collected more eggs, then it was time to get ready to head to Silver Dollar City! It was a bit chilly, the wind was really the worse part. We stopped and bought gloves for Bird and I in the gift shop. Goose was covered! How I forgot ours I have no idea! Once in the park we headed for the kiddie section! I am SOOO glad the girls were with us, they rode most everything with them!!
She wasn't so sure about the frogs once they started jumping!!
I tell ya what....these two were like two peas in a pod! So glad Bird has her cousin Baylie!!
She was so proud of herself that she could ride all by herself!
Look who's oh so happy in the snuggles of her stroller!!
Us big kids riding the best ride! We were laughing and drooling...good times!
Cousin Sundie ridin the roller coaster with Bird!
Goose Loves Tad!!
I LOVE this pic. We tried with Goose, but she was not having Santa!!
So much fun!!
Once it got dark, we rode the train, and then waited for the light parade at 8pm. The SDC Sheriff asked if Bird and Bay would like to stand by him and they would get special treatment from all the characters in the parade. (Poor Goose fell asleep before it started) Well special treatment they sure did get! All the characters stopped and hugged them! It was so neat!!
(The Husband just had to have a lighted Mohawk!! LOL)
What a great two days! I hope we can do this again next year! It was really so much fun! Thanks Reedy family for making our SDC trip extra special!! Love you guys!!

Comments
On a side note I have chickens here at work if Bird ever gets bored! We collect about 2 dozen every morning! And we have 24 more baby chicks "growing" at the shop so we'll have even more chickens and more eggs soon! LOL =)
Glad you guys got to go and with family! Such great memories you are making!!!