Skip to main content

Family Family Friends Family Family...Check! Merry Christmas 2011

Whew...what a holiday season!  We started our family gatherings at our house on Christmas Eve with my Dad, Brother and Papa. I made a pan of my yummy lasagna, and we hung out and exchanged gifts.  We got Little Man a drum set!  Ha!!  Lets just say that I got a lot of glares from his parents!  :)  Big Pa got Bird a guitar!  She LOVES it!  She and Little Man ran up to her room to go and "rock out"!!  Too cute!  Big Pa got Goose a super cute little rocking horse....lets just say it didn't go over as well as the guitar!!  She was so scared of it?  I have no idea why??  Shes better now, she pets it and makes it Nay! 
After dinner the men played cards while the kids and I baked our Christmas cookies for Santa!  They were all so excited!  I sent some home with Little Man to leave out as well.  Once everyone was gone, the Husband put the girls in the tub, and I ran over to Nana's to help wrap gifts for Christmas Day.  (Poor Nana was pretty under the weather!!)  I was there for only about an hour.  I got home, we put Santa's milk and cookies out, then off to bed we all went!!
Christmas Morning was a morning filled with smiles and laughter!  Bird got a new Bike, helmet and bell from Santa...just as she asked, and Goose got a new Dora chair with a Little people Dump Truck!  We got them a few small gifts as well.  The girls got me a new stethoscope for work!!  I LOVE it!!  Bird and Goose both got stethoscopes too in their gits...Bird participated in a fun photo...Goose was too busy saying "NO NO" and playing with other things to care!!  :) We all sat around and played for a bit until it was time to go over to Nana's house!
We had our gift exchange at Nana's before the rest of the family got there.  They got a ton of clothes, and the big kids got Innotabs!!  They both love them!  They are so smart!!  Goose got a fisher price talking mailbox, and a honey bear that makes noises...moves..and snores!!  She carries it around like a baby all day!!  We go Nana a photo blanket....(not so much for keeping warm!!).  I think it turned out great.  She loved it as well.  
At around 1 the rest of the family started showing up!  We had such a great turn out!  The weather was great as well!  We had so much food!  We all hung outside and played in the leaves, did lots of family pics and played a mean game of Hot Potato for Moms infamous lottery tickets!!  So much love under one roof, that's what its all about!  As everyone headed out, we helped Mom clean up and then headed home ourselves...we all were beat!  
The next morning the Cothrens came over for some biscuits and gravy!!  Tt made her famous hash brown casserole...which my husband loves!!  The kiddos exchanged gifts and had a great time!  Bird got a doorbell for her room...so of course Aunt Tt and Uncle Phillip both had to try it out!!  Bird just loves Brody.  She took him to her room to show him her new computer and let him try it out as well.  Goose and Brody are just growing up so fast!  I love watching them grow together.  We love those Cothrens that's for sure!!
Monday Evening we headed over to Grandma Betsy's for dinner and more gifts!  HOLY presents!!  We all were pretty spoiled this year!!  I got all new scrubs which I LOVE!!  The girls got build a bear Monkey and Moose which Grandma put a fun little goodnight message to them in.  Once again a ton of clothes.  Bird even got a microphone to go with her guitar!  We are gonna make her a Star, you just wait and see!!  Once we were done with dinner and gifts, we played Dance Dance on the Wii!!  OMG....we had a blast!!  Bird was dancing like no other!  Heck the Husband and I even danced together!  It really was so much fun!!  The girls love hanging out with their cousins.  Bird just loves that Tre!! 
So this past Wednesday was our last family get together.  We headed out to My Aunt Kathy's for tacos and a Bad Santa gift exchange!!    Its a really nice little place they stay at up there!  We had the lodge for our gathering.  It is right on the water!  It was good to get to see Sundie, Tad, Averi, and Baylie again!  It was a good dose of family once again! 

So the season has come to an end!  All Christmas decor is put away.  We now prepare to welcome the New Year!!  I can't wait to see what 2012 will bring to our little family!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...