Last Friday night we partied it up like rockstars for Royals 30th B-day!! Man, I gotta tell ya....I never thought the day was gonna get her! I have been planning since Novemeber! HA! I had so much fun getting it all planned out. Of course what should have been a suprise was ruined by the one and only....Birthday Girl herself. I mean REALLY...who plans there own 30th party...(besides me..I was 9 mths pregnant after all!!)!!! She told me that she had already called around looking for venues and what not. Well I shot daggers at her over the table and couldn't contain myself. I simply stated..."you are NOT planning your own party. I have it under control...but since you want to find a place...lets just have it at Old Shawnee Town, and this is all you can know"!!
I did let her in on her invitations....I need her "blowing" skills...which I must say are not impressive!! LOL!! The girl couldn't blow a bubble under pressure to save her life! We laughed so hard all the while laying on our stomachs....oh the pain I felt the next day! The invites turned out so cute! She's so stinkin pretty, she looks good doing just about anything!
So as the night drew closer I went into straight panic mode. I wanted it to be perfect! She is always doing for everyone else, I just wanted to give back to her and say Thanks!! I gathered up some really great old pics thanks to Royal and her Mom. I even had some doosey's!! LOL!! I made a Birthday banner with the pics hanging from the balloon strings. Then I painted little flower pots with polka dots on them that said 30 Sucks. They had tootsie pops sticking out of them like flowers! (Thanks Tracy for helping put the finishing touches on them!!) I also had little jugs of bubble gum that had a big 30 on the lid. We tied balloons to them for center pieces. Turned out pretty cute if you ask me!
My Moms baker made the cake for her. Well cupcakes! It was soooo cute! A gumball machine that said Thirty Blows! It was a hit!! We only did simple snacks since the party was from 7-11. Another Thanks to Christy for making the oh so yummy chex mix! Man that stuff is addictive...like crack really! Red supplied all the beer thank goodness...cause it was a drinkin kind of event! LOL!!
I hired a good friend from way back to DJ, and he and his fam did awesome! So glad they all came! Bird just loves their daughter Adley. They were together from the minute we walked in the door! I had one last little idea I came up with. Instead of doing the everyone sign a pic board...I decided to get a little chalk board. I walked around with my chalk and board all evening letting all the guests write whatever they wanted for a special pic for Royal! OMG....I knew it was going to be good....but some of them made it WAYYYY GREAT!! Everyone seemed to have a really great time with it! So glad!!!
The party went on until we finally kicked the last people out at almost 11:45pm. It was a lot of fun, and I was so happy with the outcome! I would do it all over again!!
Royal-
I didn't get you a gift....not even a card....so here it goes....
You my friend have been in my life for as far back as I can remember! I remember hanging out at Idas in the back of Mike Moores truck while we all were telling jokes that were probably only funny to us. Pretty sure that's where we got..."You're on the Mic what's your beef"!! Watching you grow into such an amazing young lady all the while I was by your side and vice versa. Dancing every flippin night it seemed. Hanging out at your Grandmas, and driving out to Parker for some of the best times in our lives! We never had to be doing anything amazing....because we always made it that way!
You have always and I do mean always been there for me. Even in my darkest hour...You were there. You never let me push you away, you simply took a step back let me breathe and made it clear you weren't going anywhere. After Grandma passed you were my rock. You never said no if I just wanted to get in the car and drive around for hours listening to mucic...laughing, crying, maybe even both sometimes!
I really could go on and on....instead I am going to list out 30 moments I will forever remember!! (Not in order of course)
1. Grand Lake
2. Uncle Allen smashing into my car
3. Laying in the grass on our backs while the boys played football.
4. The Wyandotte County Fair and the Dollar Dance afterwards...oh and the car singing that followed.
5. PARKER
6. Taking my tuck 4 wheeling at Ernies! Don't let those boys dare us!
7. Missouri State Fair and getting our Belly buttons pierced.
8. Umm a few speeding tickets...oh and one "run" of a stop sign.
9. Hangin out with Matt and Keith in Matts Driveway until the wee hours of the night.
10. Getting stranded in the middle of a Flood in the church parking lot because we were determined to go dancing!
11. The morning after... ;)
12. Tubing with Ty and Brian and about dying.
13. Your Wedding
14. My wedding
15. The Birth of all three of your children.
16. "Your on the Mic What's your Beef"?
17. Driving around with Jeremy listening to Randy Travis and Keith Whitley
18. The Three amigos
19. The Kissing Bandit
20. Pam and Stans anniversary and you hanging out with little Brian Briones in the back seat of my plymouth acclaim!!
21. Jazzercise
22. My Most amazing Christmas gift ever....you know the pic you stole...copied...returned...then wrapped up for me! LMAO!!
23. Watching Hope Floats in the theater and sobbing our eyes out.
24. Many drives out to Paola
25. The many rides around in the 454SS
26. 4th of July at the Land. (The other three amigos hangin out in my car) :)
27. JJ and Brad
28. Primal Tan :)
29. Taking the BEST shots of our lives!! LOL!!
30. YOUR 30th BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!
I love you to the moon Ruby Larue!! So glad you have been a part of my life for so long! I hope we continue this path forever!! Making lots and lots of memories with ourselves and our families!! I hope you had a great time at your party, and I hope you know I had a BLAST doing it for you!!
I did let her in on her invitations....I need her "blowing" skills...which I must say are not impressive!! LOL!! The girl couldn't blow a bubble under pressure to save her life! We laughed so hard all the while laying on our stomachs....oh the pain I felt the next day! The invites turned out so cute! She's so stinkin pretty, she looks good doing just about anything!
So as the night drew closer I went into straight panic mode. I wanted it to be perfect! She is always doing for everyone else, I just wanted to give back to her and say Thanks!! I gathered up some really great old pics thanks to Royal and her Mom. I even had some doosey's!! LOL!! I made a Birthday banner with the pics hanging from the balloon strings. Then I painted little flower pots with polka dots on them that said 30 Sucks. They had tootsie pops sticking out of them like flowers! (Thanks Tracy for helping put the finishing touches on them!!) I also had little jugs of bubble gum that had a big 30 on the lid. We tied balloons to them for center pieces. Turned out pretty cute if you ask me!
My Moms baker made the cake for her. Well cupcakes! It was soooo cute! A gumball machine that said Thirty Blows! It was a hit!! We only did simple snacks since the party was from 7-11. Another Thanks to Christy for making the oh so yummy chex mix! Man that stuff is addictive...like crack really! Red supplied all the beer thank goodness...cause it was a drinkin kind of event! LOL!!
I hired a good friend from way back to DJ, and he and his fam did awesome! So glad they all came! Bird just loves their daughter Adley. They were together from the minute we walked in the door! I had one last little idea I came up with. Instead of doing the everyone sign a pic board...I decided to get a little chalk board. I walked around with my chalk and board all evening letting all the guests write whatever they wanted for a special pic for Royal! OMG....I knew it was going to be good....but some of them made it WAYYYY GREAT!! Everyone seemed to have a really great time with it! So glad!!!
The party went on until we finally kicked the last people out at almost 11:45pm. It was a lot of fun, and I was so happy with the outcome! I would do it all over again!!
Royal-
I didn't get you a gift....not even a card....so here it goes....
You my friend have been in my life for as far back as I can remember! I remember hanging out at Idas in the back of Mike Moores truck while we all were telling jokes that were probably only funny to us. Pretty sure that's where we got..."You're on the Mic what's your beef"!! Watching you grow into such an amazing young lady all the while I was by your side and vice versa. Dancing every flippin night it seemed. Hanging out at your Grandmas, and driving out to Parker for some of the best times in our lives! We never had to be doing anything amazing....because we always made it that way!
You have always and I do mean always been there for me. Even in my darkest hour...You were there. You never let me push you away, you simply took a step back let me breathe and made it clear you weren't going anywhere. After Grandma passed you were my rock. You never said no if I just wanted to get in the car and drive around for hours listening to mucic...laughing, crying, maybe even both sometimes!
I really could go on and on....instead I am going to list out 30 moments I will forever remember!! (Not in order of course)
1. Grand Lake
2. Uncle Allen smashing into my car
3. Laying in the grass on our backs while the boys played football.
4. The Wyandotte County Fair and the Dollar Dance afterwards...oh and the car singing that followed.
5. PARKER
6. Taking my tuck 4 wheeling at Ernies! Don't let those boys dare us!
7. Missouri State Fair and getting our Belly buttons pierced.
8. Umm a few speeding tickets...oh and one "run" of a stop sign.
9. Hangin out with Matt and Keith in Matts Driveway until the wee hours of the night.
10. Getting stranded in the middle of a Flood in the church parking lot because we were determined to go dancing!
11. The morning after... ;)
12. Tubing with Ty and Brian and about dying.
13. Your Wedding
14. My wedding
15. The Birth of all three of your children.
16. "Your on the Mic What's your Beef"?
17. Driving around with Jeremy listening to Randy Travis and Keith Whitley
18. The Three amigos
19. The Kissing Bandit
20. Pam and Stans anniversary and you hanging out with little Brian Briones in the back seat of my plymouth acclaim!!
21. Jazzercise
22. My Most amazing Christmas gift ever....you know the pic you stole...copied...returned...then wrapped up for me! LMAO!!
23. Watching Hope Floats in the theater and sobbing our eyes out.
24. Many drives out to Paola
25. The many rides around in the 454SS
26. 4th of July at the Land. (The other three amigos hangin out in my car) :)
27. JJ and Brad
28. Primal Tan :)
29. Taking the BEST shots of our lives!! LOL!!
30. YOUR 30th BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!
I love you to the moon Ruby Larue!! So glad you have been a part of my life for so long! I hope we continue this path forever!! Making lots and lots of memories with ourselves and our families!! I hope you had a great time at your party, and I hope you know I had a BLAST doing it for you!!


Comments
Thank you for an amazing birthday party! I couldn't have done it better if I had tried...and I tried! LOL Thanks for making me feel so special and for doing so much to make the party a success! Thanks to EVERYONE that helped and pitched in behind the scenes! It was a night I'll never forget!
The chalk board pictures that I've seen so far have been amazing! I cannot wait to see the rest! Such a cute idea! Everything was cute! You're like a walking Pinterest!
Thanks again for just being you. And really, no card, no gift...The party was the gift and no card could put into words what you did here! The memories you've brought back are worth more than any Hallmark quote!
Thanks for EVERYTHING! I love you!
Roy-Hell