I kept the girls home today..(soon I won't need to say this!!), it was snowing when we woke up, so I figured why drive in it if we didn't need to! We hung out all day long. The girls helped me with laundry, entertained me in the kitchen while I got dinner put all together in the crock pot, and best of all we snuggled!! We couldn't wait for Daddy to get home so we could go play in the snow!
Once Daddy got home we raced up to get our gear on! We bundled up and headed out. Daddy had the driveway all cleared out for us. it was a great packing snow. Nick even came over to watch the girls play and entertain Bird with a snowball fight! She was throwing boulders at him I tell ya!
Goose loved the snow! She helped Daddy and Sissy make an awesome snowman! She hopped right on the sled....flew off and still rolled around and got right back on! After about 45 min...I made Goose go in. Bird on the other hand was heading to the back yard with her Daddy to do a little more serious sledding! :) She would climb our hill, and sled down, through her Daddy's legs, and then wham into the fence at the bottom! She was a dare devil! I finally after about a zillion times of telling both of them to come in....I had to threaten them both! They were having so much fun!!
We came in and had crock pot pork chops (thanks pintrest), then the girls took a bath. Once we were all cleaned up, we got to work on our valentines. Nana bought both girls a box of fun valentines to give to their friends at daycare. We got them all signed and put together, then it was treat making time! We made little chocolate pretzel squares. The girls both did amazing at unwrapping the little kisses...of course we lost a few to some little hungry mouths...but for the most part, they did awesome!!
A great day indeed!!
Once Daddy got home we raced up to get our gear on! We bundled up and headed out. Daddy had the driveway all cleared out for us. it was a great packing snow. Nick even came over to watch the girls play and entertain Bird with a snowball fight! She was throwing boulders at him I tell ya!
Goose loved the snow! She helped Daddy and Sissy make an awesome snowman! She hopped right on the sled....flew off and still rolled around and got right back on! After about 45 min...I made Goose go in. Bird on the other hand was heading to the back yard with her Daddy to do a little more serious sledding! :) She would climb our hill, and sled down, through her Daddy's legs, and then wham into the fence at the bottom! She was a dare devil! I finally after about a zillion times of telling both of them to come in....I had to threaten them both! They were having so much fun!!
We came in and had crock pot pork chops (thanks pintrest), then the girls took a bath. Once we were all cleaned up, we got to work on our valentines. Nana bought both girls a box of fun valentines to give to their friends at daycare. We got them all signed and put together, then it was treat making time! We made little chocolate pretzel squares. The girls both did amazing at unwrapping the little kisses...of course we lost a few to some little hungry mouths...but for the most part, they did awesome!!
A great day indeed!!
Comments