Skip to main content

Fishin and Fun

The girls and I were invited out to our friend Damon's house for an afternoon of fishing and a cookout.  We met the Wood family at their house  at 1:30pm.  We had already went to the store and picked up some goodies for the kids to eat and drink in case fishing made them hungry.  So we hit the road out to Peculiar MO. 

We got there a little after 2.  We were a bit worried because we hit a little rain on the way out there.  However, when we got there it was not raining.  Just a little cloudy, but still great weather.  Once everyone got there all the kids loaded into the back of the truck so they could hitch a ride down to the pond.  The rest of us walked behind the truck. 
It really was a great time!  I baited Birds hook for her and helped her cast it out.  Dalton was sooo excited...he really just wanted to throw his line out and reel it back in just to do it all over again!  I remember this feeling as a kid!  Scott and Damon helped all the kids re bait and unsnag their lines.  All the kids had a great time!  Heck I had a great time!  "Shiny" caught a catfish and Tracy and I were the only ones over there with her.....heck no I am NOT taking that thing off!  I didn't want it to fin me!  Damon to the rescue!  Whew!  That poor thing would have died waiting on me to get the nerve up!  He let Dalton and Bird touch it and told them how to hold it.  Goose was not so sure about it!  She rather just be an on looker!  Dalton was brave and took a hold of it and let it go!
Next thing I know, Bird was reeling in a little fish of her own!  Damon took it off and Bird told him she wanted to throw it back.  So she did!  I am so proud of her!  Her Daddy has taught her well!!  After each kid caught a fish...they were pretty much done! LOL...they must think it's one and done!  So we all headed back over to the truck when Russ comes walking over with his "big" catch!  Hehe!  He was so mad!  What was worse was Scott walked over to the exact spot Russ had been all day, and threw his line out only to reel in a nice sized Bass!  LOL!!  Goose was all about him and this fish!  He tried really hard to get her to kiss it, but no such luck.  He did get her to pet it over and over again.  I personally never knew their mouths were so deep!  That dang thing had his worm so far in it's mouth he had to rip it out with pliers!  Ewwww!  The sound is sooooo gross! 
We all headed back up to the house.  The kids played and played while we all just hung out and reminisced!  It was so much fun!  I hadn't seen Scott in ages!  Damon made burgers and hot dogs on the grill.  Russ made the beans...(From bates city) :).  We had fresh deviled eggs as well. 

Once dinner was done we all hung out for a bit longer, and at 9:30pm we all loaded up and headed home!  The girls didn't even make it to the highway before they passed out!  It was a great time with great people!  Only two ticks between the three of us!  I call that a good trip!! 

Sunday the girls and I just snuggled in our PJ's all day!  It was just a rainy type of day!!  I personally loved every minute of it!!

Comments

Rubydotlarue said…
Sounds like lots of fun!! Great memories were made! The last time I hung out with Scott and Damon and food, it was when we made Christmas cookies at Dominique's house when I was in like 7th or 8th grade! WAY back! LOL every time since then it's been Damon and Scott and beer/whiskey! LOL But even that's been 10 years ago with both of them at the same time! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...