Today You would have turned a wonderful 80 years old. It's hard to believe you have been gone for 12 years! I miss you everyday....and sometimes the ache takes over and the tears I can not hide. Today was a day I will always remember! I woke up and told the girls what we were going to do. I told them stories of how much I love my Grandma, and how much you loved me. It was hard to explain death again to a 4 year old....but she knew where you were once I told her we were sending balloons to Heaven for you!
The girls and I were going to celebrate your Birthday with Papa! Of course he was MIA for a bit this am and I should have listened to Bird when she point blank looked at me with her hands on her hips and said..."Mom, I bet he's golf balling"!! Yep she was right! So we went ahead and went to the store and grabbed the cake and some balloons. I remember as a child you always made Confetti Angel Food Cake....so Angel food cake it was. We got 3 balloons, and headed over to Papas.
Once we got there, it was really great to see Papa light up. He honestly seemed happy and excited to take part in our idea. He started pulling pictures of you down from the shelves and showing the girls. This is when I could feel the tears starting to form. Not that he doesn't talk about you...because he does, but when he started talking about you to my girls....my heart was heavy. I cry for the fact that you never got to hold them and talk to them the way you did with me. I cry because they don't get to call you and run and hug you, only to breathe in and smell Moonlight Magic like I did. They sat down and took a picture with you for me, and heck they didn't even complain. Goose was so excited to hold you in her tiny little hands! It broke my heart.
We all headed outside and the three of them all took a balloon. We counted to three....yelled Happy Birthday and released our balloons. It was Magic Grandma. The looks on all three of their faces was priceless. Papa looked like a little boy standing there with them, just as excited to see your balloons rise into the sky and float away into the Heavens.
I hope you enjoyed your little party meant just for you. I had a great time and made memories with my girls and Papa that I will have forever. See....I still have a way of surprising you!
Happy 80th Birthday Grandma.....
Loving you still each and every day........
The girls and I were going to celebrate your Birthday with Papa! Of course he was MIA for a bit this am and I should have listened to Bird when she point blank looked at me with her hands on her hips and said..."Mom, I bet he's golf balling"!! Yep she was right! So we went ahead and went to the store and grabbed the cake and some balloons. I remember as a child you always made Confetti Angel Food Cake....so Angel food cake it was. We got 3 balloons, and headed over to Papas.
Once we got there, it was really great to see Papa light up. He honestly seemed happy and excited to take part in our idea. He started pulling pictures of you down from the shelves and showing the girls. This is when I could feel the tears starting to form. Not that he doesn't talk about you...because he does, but when he started talking about you to my girls....my heart was heavy. I cry for the fact that you never got to hold them and talk to them the way you did with me. I cry because they don't get to call you and run and hug you, only to breathe in and smell Moonlight Magic like I did. They sat down and took a picture with you for me, and heck they didn't even complain. Goose was so excited to hold you in her tiny little hands! It broke my heart.
We all headed outside and the three of them all took a balloon. We counted to three....yelled Happy Birthday and released our balloons. It was Magic Grandma. The looks on all three of their faces was priceless. Papa looked like a little boy standing there with them, just as excited to see your balloons rise into the sky and float away into the Heavens.
(Goose let go a smidge to early!! :) )
We all went in and had some Angel food cake just like the old days. Yep, you can bet Papa needed ice cream with his...so of course so did Bird! We hung out and played with Joe for a while, then hugged Papa goodbye and headed home.I hope you enjoyed your little party meant just for you. I had a great time and made memories with my girls and Papa that I will have forever. See....I still have a way of surprising you!
Happy 80th Birthday Grandma.....
Loving you still each and every day........





Comments