Skip to main content

A Weekend Packed Full of Fun!!!

This past weekend was honestly a really great weekend...I mean most of our normally are.  However, I always feel so run over come Monday it's hard to remember the fun part!! 

Sat. I had a super fun little sibling photo shoot in the afternoon.  After it was over the girls and I had lunch, then I had them lay down for a nap.  I knew they were going to need one....we had a very special 2 year olds Birthday party to attend that night at 7.  Brody James turned 2 on Friday, and Aunt TT worked hard on his party!!
He was having a Drive In Birthday Party!  It was honestly on of the cutest things I had ever seen!  We all had hot dogs and burgers when we arrived.  Then it was present time.  Holy Moly I have no idea how they are going to get to play with all those toys!  We got him a Buzz scooter!  It was so cute!  After presents it was movie time!!
The kids all picked their "cars" they wanted!  Bird of course had to be by Adley...she just loves her!  Goose sat right behind Sissy.  All the kids were so excited!  I gotta tell ya...I have never seen that many little kiddos in one place so content!  She had their little goodie bags in their "cars" so they had that to play with as well.  We passed out cups of popcorn, then they all had cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches!!  Holy overload!!
Once the Movie was over it was around 9:30pm.  We helped clean up and then said our goodbyes and headed home.  We knew we had another long day ahead of us.

Sunday we got up, had breakfast, then got dressed so we could run to the store for a few things we needed for family Taco Dinner at cousin D's!!  Then we met Nana and Papa at Little Mans hose.  His parent weren't going, but we didn't want him to miss out on all the fun, so Nana loaded him up and of course Bird wanted to ride with them!  So it was just Goose and I for the next hour or so!!   (ended up just being me...she passed out, and I gotta tell ya...it was a NICE drive)!!!

We got there and WOW her place is soooo pretty!  I would love to live somewhere like that!!  COUNTRY!!!  They have 4 horses and 1 mule.  They are all so pretty.  The pastures are out in front and behind the house so you can always see them frolicking in the yard!  It was definitely a relaxing little oasis for me.  Once we all got done eating, David saddled up Dusty.  He took all the kids for a ride.  Bird was sooooo excited!  She is definitely my child!  She hopped right up there with him and just grinned!  They all rode twice, then it was time for us big kids!  I couldn't wait to get back on top of a horse!  It had been wayyyy to long!!  Dusty is 16 hands tall, so I had to have a little boost from David...but I got right up and it felt amazing!  I took off down the long drive....I gave him a little nudge and away we went!!  Feeling the wind in my face and the amazing animal beneath me just took me back.  Aunt Deanna even wanted to give it a whirl!!  She looked like a kid in the candy store!  She said it was only like the 3rd time she had been on a horse in her life!! 
Once we were all done riding, it was time for a little home made ice cream!!  Once again I forgot how much I loved the stuff.  The girls loved it!  Once they were done, they all went down to check out the horses again and to fly a kite with cousin Robert!!! Hes so great with the kids!!  Hes a pretty big kid himself! 
We started cleaning up and were loading up to head home.  Nana and Papa left about 20 minutes before we did...said they knew where they were going.  We were just pulling out when who pulls back in....Yep Nana and Papa!  We were all cracking up!!  Dee now calls Mom "boomerang"!! 

It was such a great day!  The girls had an amazing time and I can't seem to get Bird off the idea that she's gonna get her very own horse!!  I think I shall look into riding lessons for her.  Just gotta find someone who teaches little people under 6 years of age!! 

Can't wait to see what next weekend will hold...it might even be an extended one seeing as it is Memorial Day!!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...