Once again we had an amazing day for a very special Two year olds birthday party! I was worried...rain was all over the radar...and when you have an outside party scheduled....that's the last thing you want to see. Have no fear though...Mother Nature was in our court.
We had an awesome John Deere Party! Heck even some of the guests wore all their John Deere attire! I ended up making Kenley's skirt instead of buying it from somewhere...I gotta say...I think it turned out pretty darn cute! She was so happy all day! Once again the cake turned out A-MAZING!!! The cookies were just as cute and oh so yummy! She got so many cute things! We opened them so fast in fear of rain that we didn't really get to check everything out until we got home that evening.
Most everyone participated in our "farmer" of the day pic! I can't wait to blog them separately! They turned out great!! Once we sang happy Birthday and got everything cleaned up, we hit the farm!! This is when the sprinkles started....however the kiddos didn't seem to mind one bit! They still fed the goats, and played on the huge barn slide. By the time we were all ready to head to the lower part of the farm for all the activities the rain had stopped. Most the kiddos headed straight for the fishing poles! It was so cute to watch them all waiting patiently for a bite. However those stinkin fishies ate most of the bait without getting caught!! A few of them caught one or two though! Bird, Hunter and Logan all caught at least one.
I went over to the baby goats to see what Goose and Big Pa were up to! I have to tell ya...it was soooo cute! Goose has always had a small fear of these hungry little critters...however this time I find her going hog wild in there with them! It was so great to see her so alive and loving it! The smile on her face was priceless. She was teasing those poor little goats like no other! She would give it to one...rip it from them...then run like the wind to the other side of the pen!! So much fun to watch!! Once her bottle was gone...she started hugging them all bye!! Avie even got in on that and started giving kisses! These two little girls make us Mommies so proud!!
Thanks to all that came and stuck it out with us through the little weather blip! We all had a great time!!
Goose says THANK YOU!!!
We had an awesome John Deere Party! Heck even some of the guests wore all their John Deere attire! I ended up making Kenley's skirt instead of buying it from somewhere...I gotta say...I think it turned out pretty darn cute! She was so happy all day! Once again the cake turned out A-MAZING!!! The cookies were just as cute and oh so yummy! She got so many cute things! We opened them so fast in fear of rain that we didn't really get to check everything out until we got home that evening.
Most everyone participated in our "farmer" of the day pic! I can't wait to blog them separately! They turned out great!! Once we sang happy Birthday and got everything cleaned up, we hit the farm!! This is when the sprinkles started....however the kiddos didn't seem to mind one bit! They still fed the goats, and played on the huge barn slide. By the time we were all ready to head to the lower part of the farm for all the activities the rain had stopped. Most the kiddos headed straight for the fishing poles! It was so cute to watch them all waiting patiently for a bite. However those stinkin fishies ate most of the bait without getting caught!! A few of them caught one or two though! Bird, Hunter and Logan all caught at least one.
I went over to the baby goats to see what Goose and Big Pa were up to! I have to tell ya...it was soooo cute! Goose has always had a small fear of these hungry little critters...however this time I find her going hog wild in there with them! It was so great to see her so alive and loving it! The smile on her face was priceless. She was teasing those poor little goats like no other! She would give it to one...rip it from them...then run like the wind to the other side of the pen!! So much fun to watch!! Once her bottle was gone...she started hugging them all bye!! Avie even got in on that and started giving kisses! These two little girls make us Mommies so proud!!
Back at the corral, Bird, Bennett, Dalton, and Hunter were all enjoying a nice little pony ride. I love watching these kiddos light up when they sit a top these animals. Poor Brody all he wanted to do was ride a pony!! He was soooo sad! It broke my heart! I even tried begging the workers...but the riders have to be 3 park policy. :(
We went and fed more goats, rode the tractors...(even Russ), visited the baby cows in the barn, then headed for the car. Myself, Bird, the Husband, Goose, Aimee, and Matters all stopped for ice cream for one last treat before we headed home! It was so nice just sitting on the porch watching the kiddos eat their ice cream! We stopped for one more romp on the playground, then loaded up and headed home!! Whewweee were were worn out! 4 plus hours on the farm made for one long fun filled day!Thanks to all that came and stuck it out with us through the little weather blip! We all had a great time!!
Goose says THANK YOU!!!

Comments