Daddy says it's time!! We have been talking about bunk beds for a while now. Bird said she wanted them so her friends could stay the night....but I felt that we should stick with converting her toddler into the Full size bed. The whole reason we bought that type of crib!
The girls and I went shopping for her new Big Girl bedding. She was so funny. She was all about the truly BIG girl stuff. I thought for sure I was going to have to bribe her out of Sponge bob or something else. When in fact I was begging her to get Minnie Mouse!! NOPE!! She was not having it. She found the one she wanted and she was NOT letting go. We have found lately...this is how she operates! She sets her mind to it....and it WILL be that way! Sometimes not so cute, but in this instance...it was! Daddy headed out to pick up the mattresses once he got off work. When he pulled back into the driveway....my mouth fell open. I couldn't believe how incredibly huge they seemed!! Bird and I started cleaning out her room so we could figure out how we were going to arrange this big ol bed. She was grinning non stop! It was so cute!
Daddy and Bird began the transformation. Then they brought up the box springs and mattress. She was such a big helper. The bed was in fact HUGE!! Once we had it all made...that little Bird crawled up there and the smiles just wouldn't stop!! She is getting so big way to fast!!
She was oh so excited to go to bed that night! We even had a sleepover in it on the night before her meet and greet with her teacher! She just thinks its so cool now to be able to have Mommy and Daddy lay in her bed and watch a movie with her!
Mommy and Daddy are so very proud of you big girl!!!
The girls and I went shopping for her new Big Girl bedding. She was so funny. She was all about the truly BIG girl stuff. I thought for sure I was going to have to bribe her out of Sponge bob or something else. When in fact I was begging her to get Minnie Mouse!! NOPE!! She was not having it. She found the one she wanted and she was NOT letting go. We have found lately...this is how she operates! She sets her mind to it....and it WILL be that way! Sometimes not so cute, but in this instance...it was! Daddy headed out to pick up the mattresses once he got off work. When he pulled back into the driveway....my mouth fell open. I couldn't believe how incredibly huge they seemed!! Bird and I started cleaning out her room so we could figure out how we were going to arrange this big ol bed. She was grinning non stop! It was so cute!
Daddy and Bird began the transformation. Then they brought up the box springs and mattress. She was such a big helper. The bed was in fact HUGE!! Once we had it all made...that little Bird crawled up there and the smiles just wouldn't stop!! She is getting so big way to fast!!
She was oh so excited to go to bed that night! We even had a sleepover in it on the night before her meet and greet with her teacher! She just thinks its so cool now to be able to have Mommy and Daddy lay in her bed and watch a movie with her!
Mommy and Daddy are so very proud of you big girl!!!
Comments