The girls and I were sitting at home yesterday trying to figure out something "fun" to do. The weather was amazing and with it only in the upper 70's....we knew we wanted to get out! I thought why not do a scavenger hunt, Since the girls really don't understand the word Scavenger yet...we called it I Spy!! We always play I Spy in the car...so why not take it outdoors!!
The girls and I came up with a list of things to find...and with my awesome drawing skills (NOT) and Birds great coloring skills....we had an awesome list! We all got dressed and loaded into the car.
I took them to Ernie Miller Nature Center. I love this place, and can't believe I hadn't taken them there yet! We pulled up and Bird says...."Oh my goodness....I love the forest"! Bird carried the list, while I carried the camera, and the backpack. Goose carried the water bottle...which she couldn't have been more happy about.
Once we got to the entrance of the "Forrest", we went over our list and began to Spy!! Goose honestly could have cared less...she was all about being able to run and go on her own free will!! Bird on the other hand was having a blast finding everything and marking it off our list. We found everything on our list except for the frog. However we did see a Deer about 10 ft away from us, so we said that totally counted more then a Frog!! :)
My favorite part of the day was when we came upon the stage!! Bird was so excited! Oh my goodness she made my heart swell! She asked me to sit down and enjoy her show!! She talked about her prince charming, and the evil dragon, and don't forget the beautiful princess. At one point she even sat down and acted like she wished upon a star!! I could have sat there and watched her all day!! We finished our day by walking back through the Forrest, double checking our list, and then heading back to the car!
A great time indeed! So great that after working a short shift last night, I was woke up this am by a big brown eyed girl with an amazing twinkle in her eye. She couldn't wait to show me the new I Spy list she had made just for us!! I was so proud of her! She did such a great job. Only problem....it's raining today. Well let me tell you....a little rain was NOT going to stop us. We got rain coats on and grabbed some raincoats! Once again a great time!! We went to Shawnee Mission Park this time. We walked the trails. It was such a great morning! The sound of the light rain on the leaves was just awesome! The girls loved it! They did not care about the rain at all!!
We didn't hang out there more then 45 min. when the girls decided they wanted donuts! So back to the car we went! I gotta tell you the past few days were some of the greatest times. It didn't cost anything, but yet it was worth a million dollars!!
The girls and I came up with a list of things to find...and with my awesome drawing skills (NOT) and Birds great coloring skills....we had an awesome list! We all got dressed and loaded into the car.
I took them to Ernie Miller Nature Center. I love this place, and can't believe I hadn't taken them there yet! We pulled up and Bird says...."Oh my goodness....I love the forest"! Bird carried the list, while I carried the camera, and the backpack. Goose carried the water bottle...which she couldn't have been more happy about.
Once we got to the entrance of the "Forrest", we went over our list and began to Spy!! Goose honestly could have cared less...she was all about being able to run and go on her own free will!! Bird on the other hand was having a blast finding everything and marking it off our list. We found everything on our list except for the frog. However we did see a Deer about 10 ft away from us, so we said that totally counted more then a Frog!! :)
My favorite part of the day was when we came upon the stage!! Bird was so excited! Oh my goodness she made my heart swell! She asked me to sit down and enjoy her show!! She talked about her prince charming, and the evil dragon, and don't forget the beautiful princess. At one point she even sat down and acted like she wished upon a star!! I could have sat there and watched her all day!! We finished our day by walking back through the Forrest, double checking our list, and then heading back to the car!
A great time indeed! So great that after working a short shift last night, I was woke up this am by a big brown eyed girl with an amazing twinkle in her eye. She couldn't wait to show me the new I Spy list she had made just for us!! I was so proud of her! She did such a great job. Only problem....it's raining today. Well let me tell you....a little rain was NOT going to stop us. We got rain coats on and grabbed some raincoats! Once again a great time!! We went to Shawnee Mission Park this time. We walked the trails. It was such a great morning! The sound of the light rain on the leaves was just awesome! The girls loved it! They did not care about the rain at all!!
Comments