Skip to main content

My "Once in a While" Friend...

Once in a while, someone comes along.
That one in a million heart,
So pure and so strong.
They can face up to the tears.
And somehow still find a smile,
That we only get ev'ry once in a while.
I have been blessed to call this woman my friend!  She has been through so many of my life's most important moments.  She's the kind of friend that you don't have to see every day, every week, heck we went months....but I know that if I needed anything I could call her and she would always be there to listen.  I honestly could go on and on about her and the moments we have shared, but there are so many it would take forever!
Once in a while, someone has the eyes,
That one in a million look,
That never tells lies.
They can get you on your feet,
To walk that extra mile.
We only see ev'ry once in a while.
Just as we have a special bond, so do they.  They knew each other first, and the playful friendship they have just makes me smile.  The Husband would drop everything he was doing if he knew she was in need of help.  I truly believe he looks to her like a sister.  There is never a dull moment when these two get together!
That's why we call them heroes.
The best thing they ever do,
Is to point to the best in us all,
And say: "If I can, you can too."
Saying goodbye to her yesterday was one of the most difficult things I have had to do in awhile.  First off I don't do goodbyes....I do "see ya soon".  I know the move she is making is what is best for her and her son, and that is what I will hold onto to make the pain a little less!  So since I couldn't find the words to say yesterday...even though I know I didn't need any and she still knew what I was thinking...it still makes me feel a bit better to write a few words down.
 
Aimee- Oh friend where to start?  You made my years in the ER unforgettable, when you left...I was sad.  However I knew the friendship we found was everlasting.  You have touched my life in ways most never will.  You have been my rock when most knew nothing was wrong.  You are one heck of a travel partner...taking me to places I had never been!  Best of all you are the friend that I love to have over just to sit and hang out on the deck and simply just talk. 
I know this move will bring amazing things for you and Matters.  You deserve to find your happiness in this life, and I pray it's in Boston.  I'm excited for you.  I'm dreading the distance...but you know my butt will be on a plane very soon!!   Oh the tears....they just won't stop.   Point blank...I love you Mama, and my home is your home...so when you come back for a visit....there is always room for you both!! 
 
LOVE YOU FRIEND!!






Comments

Rubydotlarue said…
Okay so I hardly know Aimee. I've seen her at a few events for the kiddos and such, and now I feel bad for not making more of an effort to get to know her. She sounds AMAZING! She is lucky to have you in her life just as you feel so lucky to have her in yours. Special friends are one in a million. I was crying reading this knowing that you are hurting for having to see her go. It brings back memories of standing in Courtney's driveway the summer before my senior year and balling my eyes out as they drove away. I sat in their driveway for an hour after they left just wishing they'd come back. It's terrible. Keep looking at the positives. You have a new place to visit! You have technology to keep you together. She can always come see and stay with you. True friendship knows no miles! I love you Candie, and my heart hurts for you. If you ever need an Aimee fill in, I'll do my best to listen. I'll sit on your deck with you and just be there. Hugs!
Roy

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...