Skip to main content

The Big 1st Day of Pre-K!!!

Bird is a Rock Star point blank!!  She is so outgoing, and so independent it's awesome....however at the same time it's sad!!  She was up and dressed this am by 7:30am.  Aunt Tracy and Dalton brought her a fun little goody bag for her 1st. day!  She loved it!  Aunt Tt and Brody called to tell her to have a great day and that they Love her!!  Nana was planning on meeting us at the school, but couldn't get away, so she made Bird a Happy 1st day sign and sent it to her via text!  Aunt Doe Doe even called to check on me....she knows how tough these days are!  I have the best family and friends a girl could ever ask for!!  We all are so supportive of one another and in this life...that's what counts!
 (My personal favorite!!)

I just can't get enough of this little girl!!  After a little am photo shoot, we loaded into the car and headed to school!  She was kindda quiet on the way there...I asked her if she was okay, she simply said..."just making sure you are going the right way Mom"!  Well okay then!

We pulled into the parking lot and Callie and Nichole pulled in right beside us.  The girls jumped out of the cars to meet one another.  They aren't in the same class....but at least they get to have play time and such together.  We took a few pics before going in as well.  (You know me....too many is never enough)
We all walked in and said bye to Callie and her Mama at Callie's classroom.  We headed to her classroom,  RM 117.  She walked straight in like she knew the drill.  She gave Mrs. B a huge hug and then went and hung up her back pack...then headed to the table to sit next to her first school friend Grant.  (of course it's a boy!!)  I wanted a few more pics, but she just looked up at me, smiled, said "I love you Mom....but you can go now"!!  I had to hold back the tears!  I don't know what's worse, a child that cries when you leave, or one that doesn't!!!  I knew though that she was going to be the Rock star she was, I mean heck she let me drop her off at the Zoo for 2 weeks no questions asked!! 
My morning was full...so I didn't have a lot of time to comprehend the fact that my BABY is no longer a baby!!  This is rough.  This makes you see just how time flies indeed!!  When we went to pick her up, the teachers already knew she belonged to me which I thought was amazing!!  I gave her a huge hug and asked her how she was.  She replied, "great, I'll tell you all about it in the car"!  Ha!  So grown!  We went and had a celebratory lunch at Fritz's with Callie and Nichole.  Once we got in the car after lunch Bird simply said, "I'm gonna go home and rest Mom....I'm exhausted"! 


So after a few questions and some very straight answers from a very smart 4 year old....here is where we stand!!

  Bird- Mommy and Daddy are so very very proud of you!  You are such a sweet, determined, brave little girl.  We hope that this years brings you nothing but lots of knowledge, fun times, and many new friends!!  Way to be such a champ on your first day Bird!!  WE LOVE YOU TO THE MOON!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...