Skip to main content

Herman MO 9 Year wedding Anniversary

Last week the Husband and I headed out to Herman MO for our 9 year wedding anniversary.  We have never been away from our girls for more then an evening, so it was a little scary.  However they were in great hands with Nana and Grandma. 
The drive there was a bit windy, but the scenery was awesome. We chatted and played named that tune all the way there.  I could just feel it in my bones that this was a MUCH needed get away for the Husband and I.  Life gets a little crazy with two little girls and all the things we take on in our daily lives, so we tend to loose sight of one another. 
We arrived in the cute little town of Herman around 2pm.  We drove around for a bit trying to find the correct road that would take us up to our amazing Inn on the hill.  Once we got there we had to ring the bell for them to let us in.  We were welcomed into one of the most amazing Bed and Breakfasts I have ever seen.  It was so homey.  They showed us to our room, and what a room it was!!  We had a king sized bed and our very own 4 person Hot tub room with a sliding door over looking the vineyard and town! 
They brought us a welcome tray of wine, beer, cheese, crackers, bread with spread, and a pretzel twist with hot cheese spread.  It was all so yummy.  We just sat out on the deck and relaxed taking it all in.  We had a bit of time to spare before Sundie and Tad arrived, so we hopped in that hot tub.  AWEEEE RELAXATION at its finest!!  Once we got out we wrapped up in the fluffy robes they provided and did what...played scrabble!!  It was great!  Just like when we first were married!  We had so much fun!!  I sat drinking a hot cup of coffee 100% relaxed! 
 
Sundie text me letting me know they were just pulling in.  Tad didn't know where he was even going or what he was even doing until they finally arrived to their destination!!  Sundie planned it all to surprise him!  We were the ultimate surprise of course!  Once they rang the doorbell the front desk girl let me answer the door....you can only imagine the surprise on his face when he saw us standing there!  He was shocked when he found out what was really going on!!  We let them get checked in and then we all headed to Stone Hill winery for dinner.  It was great to get to hang out with them as adults and not as parents!  Once after dinner we headed back to our rooms and settled in for the evening.

Of course we headed straight for the hot tub!  I'm not kidding when I tell you I spent a huge chunk of my time in there!  It was just so darn relaxing!  We only stayed in for about 20 min. since we knew there would soon be a surprise for us outside our door.  At 10pm we received a knock on our door announcing the arrival of our warm chocolate chip cookies and ice cream with chocolate raspberry drizzle on top via candle light!  It was oh so yummy!!  After that we hit the hay...and let me just tell you....I NEED a set of those sheets!  They were the softest sheets I have ever slept on!! 
Wed. Morning we had breakfast in bed!  Once again it was amazing!  After breakfast...yep, I got in the hot tub!  Then jumped in the amazing sauna shower to wash the chlorine off before we got dressed and awaited the trolley for our winery tastings!  I was so excited for this!  No one had to drive, so we all were going to be able to do all the tasting we wanted!  It was a bit gloomy, and rain was expected...however it did not slow us down!  The Trolley driver Kevin was the best!  Wed. is his normal day off, but since Sundie had contacted him a month in advance to make sure it would be running, he was willing to take us wherever we wanted to go!  We went to Adam Puchta winery first.  We pulled up and it just screamed homey!!  I was in love at first sight!!  We walked in and we greeted with a warm welcome.  The tasting began.  It was $5 per person and we tasted about 15 different kinds of wines paired with different foods.  We bought a bottle with no problem! 
Next was Stone Hill.  We took the wine tour and it was pretty neat to get to see where is was all stored under ground and how chilly it was under there all year round.  After the tour was over we went into the tasting room.  Not as good as the first one at all.  The service did not even compare.  We did however buy another bottle of wine and a juice to mix with it.  The Husband really liked that one. 

It was time for some food, so Kevin told us about this "dive" of a hamburger joint and we knew we needed to try it.  So glad we did!  A dive might be a nice way of putting it....however it might have been the best burger I have ever had!  Not to mention I think all four of us ate for like $15!  Once we were done Kevin picked us back up and we headed to Herman Hoff winery.  Not at all like the 1st two.  The owner...very funny, and knew his stuff!  The wine...not so good.  We didnt' buy any wine there, but we did end up going into their deli and getting some summer sausage and cheese!  Yummm!! 

We left there and walked over to the brewery just in time to watch the storm come in.  It was POURING!!  We were the only ones in the brewery and the guy running the place was a hoot!  Sundie and the two guys all did the beer tasting...not me!  Not a huge beer fan!  This is when we all got a little silly!  The boys were definitely starting on a good buzz!  Tad ended up talking the guy into letting him take home a bucket of shelled peanuts!  Kevin picked us back up at 5pm and we headed back to the Inn. 
After parting ways, we all went to our own rooms to unwind before dinner.  You betcha I got in that hot tub!!  The Husband took a much needed nap!  As I sat in the tub looking out over the vineyard, I saw two doe with 4 babies!  It was so neat!  There was also a huge rainbow in the sky!!  RELAXATION at it's finest I tell ya!  After about 2 and a half hours we decided to go get some hot wings at the local wing joint in town.  They were pretty yummy as well. 

Once again we got back and got all nestled in for bed when another knock on our door came announcing the yummy chocolate brownies this time with ice cream and candle light!  I can't decide which night I liked better, they were both oh so yummy!  I fell asleep that night with the deck door wide open and the fresh air just pouring in!  The Husband got up around 1am and closed it, but man it made for some awesome sleep! 
Thursday the 18th...HAPPY 9 YEARS BABE!!  we got up early and were upstairs and outside by 8:15am.  We had a little photo shoot.  I took Sundie and Tads pictures, and she did the same for us!  It was a lot of fun and the guys didn't complain not one time!  We headed back to our rooms at 9:15 so we could have breakfast in our rooms!  Once again great food!  After breakfast we loaded everything up and decided we were going to go back to Adam Puchta to grab a few more bottles of wine.  After that we hugged goodbye and went our separate ways.  The Husband and I went into town and walked around a bit looking for a particular BBQ sauce that a friend from home was wanting.  We finally found it at the local grocery store! 
We were on the road to home and honestly we couldn't wait to see our beautiful girls!!  We had an AMAZING time and I am 100% positive we will venture there again.  We had time to just focus on us, and were able to see just how important that is.  We found the love that we had in the very beginning of our relationship, and honestly....I don't ever want to loose sight of it again!  Thanks Husband for being the very best Man a girl could ever hope for!!  I love you to the Moon and Back!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...