Skip to main content

30 Days of Thanks

Holy Smokes I lost a few days...so Catch up time!!  (I'll go by how I was feeling those days!!)

Day 21: Today I am thankful for being able to so many great things with my kids!  We started the morning off by hanging out with Judy and the boys at Sky Zone.  We had a blast!  The best indoor trampoline park ever!!  Then once we jumped for 30 minutes, it was time to get our shoes back on and head to the movie theatre where we met Becky and the girls!  We got to see Wreck it Ralph.  So cute!  The kids all did amazing in the movie!  Once the movie was over we all decided to head to Fritz's to eat some lunch! 

What a GREAT day!! 

Day 22:  THANKSGIVING!  Today I am thankful I am able to prepare a Thanksgiving meal every year for my family!  This year my little brother smoked the turkey....YUMMM!  It was so good!  We had a very laid back day!  The kids all played outside because it was almost 70 degrees outside!  I made Mashed Potatoes, Macaroni, broccoli and cheese casserole, and stuffing.  Our dinner guest were, Nana, Big Pa, Nunu, Hunter, and then Papa stopped by too.  It was really nice.  The weather was simply amazing!! 

Day 23: BLACK FRIDAY!!  Today I am thankful for my Black Friday shoppers!  I love this tradition we started 4 years ago.  I have been black Friday shopping for almost 10 years, but in the last 4 I have been doing it with family!  This year it was Myself, Nana, Sundie, Aunt Kathy, and Aunt Deanna!  So much fun!  We started the evening at Nana's having a small happy hour for all the ladies that weren't driving.  Then we headed to Walmart....holy people!  Shopping started at an early 8pm this year.  Nana really wanted to get the kiddos Nook Tablets for Christmas this year, so she and I made a mad dash for the electronic department! We were amazed to see that the line wasn't to long and that they had a good chunk in stock!  Bad news was it was only 8pm and we couldn't buy them until 10.....however they started selling them to us at 9!  We weren't mad!!  We got the 2 Nooks we wanted and a few other things.  Aunt Kathy got lost from us from the get go....and we finally found her waiting at the front doors!  Oops!  Next stop Target!  Sundie needed a Big item from here, so we were hoping she was going to get it!  She went straight to electronics this time while I zipped back to the toy department for the 1 item I was wanting.  The huge Squinky house for Goose!  I got the last one on the shelf....YES!  Nana and I went around the store grabbed a few more items, and then had to get in the enormous line!!  We ended up standing in front of Becky, her parents, Matt and Judy!  This made the wait not so horrible!! Judy even ran across the store for me for one more item I was wanting for Goose...her dream light!  Got it!!  Thank You Judy!!  :)  I noticed we had lost Aunt Deanna....where was she you ask???  In the electronics Department buying a 40 inch TV!!  I was cracking up!!  I had no idea where we were going to put this monster!!  We all headed to the car and BAMM I got it to fit!!  We were all cracking up!!  We decided to go to Moms store to do her walk around that she always has to do on Thanksgiving night.  We grabbed another paper, and then headed to Moms to drop the TV and other purchases off.  We regrouped and got another plan.  Kmart was next....it felt deserted compared to everywhere else!  But I got the girls some super cute boots buy one get one!  When we left Kmart we decided to go eat to kill some time.  I HOP it was!  By this time it was 4:00 am.  Aunt Kathy was fading fast!  In fact she fell asleep on the table!!  So we decided to call it done.  Once I dropped everyone off, I got home and the Averi and Baylie were wide awake...so I grabbed them up and we headed out!  We went to Walmart again for wave three that went on sale at 5am.  I got the Husband the hunting jacket he wanted!!  We also grabbed the dog beds that Sundie was looking for!  The girls were having so much fun!  We decided to go to Toys R Us next, we seriously walked around for like 30 min and didn't find a thing we just had to have!  So we got back in the car and headed to Carters.  I got Bird her Christmas Program dress!  By this time it was 6am.  I was fading fast!  I had to head for home and get some rest!  I crawled into my bed...which was already occupied by our girls.  I slept on the very edge of our bed for like an hour and a half.  Got up at 8:30am and decided to head back out to JC Penny's to see if we could get the items Sundie was wanting.  Baylie went with us this time.  We ended up getting 4 pair of boots, a new winter coat for Bay, and a pair of shoes for Bird to go with her dress!!  When we were done we just had to hit Krispy Kreme for Sundie and the girls!! 
It was honestly a GREAT night/morning/day!!  So much fun!  I hope it continues for many years to come!!

Day 24: I am Thankful for my In Law Family!  We had Thanksgiving Dinner with them on Friday and even though we were beat, we ate dinner, then played a really fun game called Blockus.  Its like Tetris but on a board!  The kids had a huge Nerf fight inside, and let me tell you our girls loved it!!  The girls ended up staying the night with Grandma Betsy.  The Husband and I...well we came home and had wild SLEEP!!  HA!!  I don't think either one of us moved a muscle!!  So thank you Grandma Betsy....it was sleep very much needed!! 

Now that I am caught up....I hope to not slack off again!!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...