Merry Christmas to all of us a tad bit early!! This year the husband and I decided that our girls have sooooo much....they need nothing...they want everything they see...but at some point we have to instill values into them and honestly the younger the better! This year we aren't doing a ton for the girls for Christmas. They will get what they get from Santa...then just a few "needed" things from us!
Nana, Grandma, Big Pa, and everyone else spoil them rotten, so we are going to pay it forward! We adopted a family at work and I took on an 11 year old boy who asked for a back pack, school supplies, cologne, new socks and a coat! THIS is what I want my girls to see! He didn't request not one toy! So as a family we will go get his items, and I know we will have a blast doing it! More to come on this soon!
So back to Great Wolf Lodge! The Husband and I decided since we had no time to make it to Silver Dollar City this year we would spend a night at Great Wolf Lodge! 15 min away opposed to 3 hours...ummm ok! NOt to mention the girls were super excited! They are little fish I tell ya! So we booked a room for 6 knowing Nana and Little Man would love to go back again as well!
We got to the lodge at about 4pm. Got all checked in and immediately Bird is out of her clothes and in her suit! We all changed into our suits and headed to the pool. I can't believe how just one year has changed these three so much! Last year both Little Man and Bird wore life jackets the entire time, and Goose had to be held the whole time. This year the older two took off with no life jackets and Goose had her little puddle jumper we call it! We swam for about 2.5 hours and then they all started to get hungry. Plus we had a special date in the lobby with a man in a red suit!
Back at the room the kiddos all changed into their matching PJ's that Nana got them! Oh and their matching reindeer socks!! So cute! We went downstairs to see Santa! The line wasn't long, and Santa was great!! The kids all hopped up on his lap, and smiled big! Bird went first asking him for not one...not two...but THREE kittens!! Do you think Santa helped a Mama out...nope! Then of course Goose wants the same thing as her big Sissy!! I couldn't hear what Little Man asked for, I think it was a remote control car. It was intense whatever it was!
We headed for dinner once we left Santa! The kids all ate free with the purchase of our meals so that was a bonus! At the end of the meal they all got Wolf ears too! This year the girls got pink ones and Little Man got Grey! I took them out into the lobby to get situated for PJ story time around the clock tower. The clock tower came to life at 8pm with all the animals singing Christmas songs! The Moose kept saying it was going to snow in the lobby....sure enough...It DID!! This was by far my favorite part! I almost cried with how happy the kiddos got! Bird jumped up and tried to catch it on her tongue. Little Man just held his hands in the air trying to catch all he could. Goose wasn't sure about all the comotion until she started to feel the snow herself! Then she was up on her feet as well. The kids also got to meet Three of Great Wolf Lodges mascotts. What a great night! After all the fun it was time to head back to the room to tuck in for the night!
The next morning the Husband went and got Sonic for breakfast. We stepped onto the balcony and watched the fog roll in. The kids were already to be back in their suits! we ate breakfast, packed up our stuff, got our suits on and were headed for the pool.
I can't tell you how very proud of these three kiddos I am! Little Man rode every single waterslide there was....even the mamoth of a slide no one else in our party would ride but me! Bird crossed over the faux woodpieces with ease and great balance. Goose...WOW...Goose was amazing! She wanted to ride the BOG waterslides with all of us!! So I thought why not!! If we get all the way up there and she freaks out, I will just have to walk her back down. However that is NOT the case. She rode with just she and I first. She was whoooping and hollering the whole time! I was cracking up!! It was pitch black in there so I thought for sure she would hate it....however when we emerged and everyone was at the bottom waiting for us, she threw her hands up in the air and screamed! We hopped out and she was already heading back up. We rode those waterslides for almost an hour straight!! Each time climbing up 5 flights of stairs!!
Once it was time to leave we all took a dip in the hot tub. It really was a GREAT time, and some awesome memories made!! Thanks Nana and Little Man for going with us once again!! I hope we can continue this fun little new tradition!!
Nana, Grandma, Big Pa, and everyone else spoil them rotten, so we are going to pay it forward! We adopted a family at work and I took on an 11 year old boy who asked for a back pack, school supplies, cologne, new socks and a coat! THIS is what I want my girls to see! He didn't request not one toy! So as a family we will go get his items, and I know we will have a blast doing it! More to come on this soon!
So back to Great Wolf Lodge! The Husband and I decided since we had no time to make it to Silver Dollar City this year we would spend a night at Great Wolf Lodge! 15 min away opposed to 3 hours...ummm ok! NOt to mention the girls were super excited! They are little fish I tell ya! So we booked a room for 6 knowing Nana and Little Man would love to go back again as well!
We got to the lodge at about 4pm. Got all checked in and immediately Bird is out of her clothes and in her suit! We all changed into our suits and headed to the pool. I can't believe how just one year has changed these three so much! Last year both Little Man and Bird wore life jackets the entire time, and Goose had to be held the whole time. This year the older two took off with no life jackets and Goose had her little puddle jumper we call it! We swam for about 2.5 hours and then they all started to get hungry. Plus we had a special date in the lobby with a man in a red suit!
Back at the room the kiddos all changed into their matching PJ's that Nana got them! Oh and their matching reindeer socks!! So cute! We went downstairs to see Santa! The line wasn't long, and Santa was great!! The kids all hopped up on his lap, and smiled big! Bird went first asking him for not one...not two...but THREE kittens!! Do you think Santa helped a Mama out...nope! Then of course Goose wants the same thing as her big Sissy!! I couldn't hear what Little Man asked for, I think it was a remote control car. It was intense whatever it was!
We headed for dinner once we left Santa! The kids all ate free with the purchase of our meals so that was a bonus! At the end of the meal they all got Wolf ears too! This year the girls got pink ones and Little Man got Grey! I took them out into the lobby to get situated for PJ story time around the clock tower. The clock tower came to life at 8pm with all the animals singing Christmas songs! The Moose kept saying it was going to snow in the lobby....sure enough...It DID!! This was by far my favorite part! I almost cried with how happy the kiddos got! Bird jumped up and tried to catch it on her tongue. Little Man just held his hands in the air trying to catch all he could. Goose wasn't sure about all the comotion until she started to feel the snow herself! Then she was up on her feet as well. The kids also got to meet Three of Great Wolf Lodges mascotts. What a great night! After all the fun it was time to head back to the room to tuck in for the night!
The next morning the Husband went and got Sonic for breakfast. We stepped onto the balcony and watched the fog roll in. The kids were already to be back in their suits! we ate breakfast, packed up our stuff, got our suits on and were headed for the pool.
I can't tell you how very proud of these three kiddos I am! Little Man rode every single waterslide there was....even the mamoth of a slide no one else in our party would ride but me! Bird crossed over the faux woodpieces with ease and great balance. Goose...WOW...Goose was amazing! She wanted to ride the BOG waterslides with all of us!! So I thought why not!! If we get all the way up there and she freaks out, I will just have to walk her back down. However that is NOT the case. She rode with just she and I first. She was whoooping and hollering the whole time! I was cracking up!! It was pitch black in there so I thought for sure she would hate it....however when we emerged and everyone was at the bottom waiting for us, she threw her hands up in the air and screamed! We hopped out and she was already heading back up. We rode those waterslides for almost an hour straight!! Each time climbing up 5 flights of stairs!!
Once it was time to leave we all took a dip in the hot tub. It really was a GREAT time, and some awesome memories made!! Thanks Nana and Little Man for going with us once again!! I hope we can continue this fun little new tradition!!

























Comments