Where in the world has the time gone? I remember it like it was yesterday bringing her home, and here we are already 5 years later!!
We had her party last weekend (I'll post soon). However Friday it was just the 4 of us all day! I started out the morning by sneaking into her room and cuddling up next to her in her bed. She rolled over and faced me and I softly whispered, "Happy Birthday Big Girl"! She smiled and wrapped her little arms around my neck, kissed me on my nose, and told me she loved me"! (Might have been the best part of the whole day) Once we all got up it was time for breakfast. Of course the breakfast girl wanted purple pancakes with Sprinkles!! So that's exactly what she got.
The next thing on the agenda, I knew was going to be a hard one for this Mama!! We had finally made an appointment to get her amazingly long, beautiful hair cut. Bird was adamant about it. She was over the long hard to brush hair style. I knew summer was coming and we will be at the pool almost everyday, so I knew it was time. We got to Sugar and Spice, and I was a HOT mess. My stomach was in knots, and the tears were ready to fall. Not Bird, she was so giddy!! She hopped right up onto the Motorcycle....cause of course that's what she picked, and she was ready to go. The ladies all knew I was on edge and they were all just waiting to watch the tears fall. Marilyn, the stylist, was amazing! She measured out 12 inches and put the ponytail holder there. OMG!!! That's a huge chunk of hair!! She asked me if I was ready, then she began slowly so I could get pics along the way! Next thing I knew, the pony was gone, and my girl was GROWN!!! It was crazy! I think even the Husband was blown away! The smile that immediately popped onto our little girls face was worth all my sadness!! She was shinning!
Marilyn shaped it up, blow dried it, and even added some pink stripes for her!! It looked amazing!! She was soooo proud!! She ended up donating 12 inches of hair to Locks of Love. What an amazing experience!! We got a cute little before and after take home gift along with a little piece of her hair. WOW, the difference is unreal!!
Next stop....Chuckie Cheese! The Husband really wanted to take the girls, so we did. What a great time we all had. It wasn't crowded, and the girls had a blast! We ate lunch there, played lots of games, then loaded up for home. However we had to stop at Nana's store first to show her Birds new do! Nana loved it!
We all headed for home and hoped to get a little nap in. What a great day spent with the family! I still find it hard to believe that we have a FIVE year old. She reminds us all the time now...."Mom, I can now...I'm five, or Dad, I don't have to get down, it's okay, I'm Five"!! She cracks me up.
Bird- You are growing up so fast. You no longer look like a baby, you look like a big girl. Soon you will start Kindergarten, and you will really start to spread your wings. Please just fly slow, take everything in, enjoy every minute, for they pass all too quickly! Mommy and Daddy promise to bring you all the joy we possibly can. We love you to the Moon baby girl!! MUUUUAHHHH!!!!
We had her party last weekend (I'll post soon). However Friday it was just the 4 of us all day! I started out the morning by sneaking into her room and cuddling up next to her in her bed. She rolled over and faced me and I softly whispered, "Happy Birthday Big Girl"! She smiled and wrapped her little arms around my neck, kissed me on my nose, and told me she loved me"! (Might have been the best part of the whole day) Once we all got up it was time for breakfast. Of course the breakfast girl wanted purple pancakes with Sprinkles!! So that's exactly what she got.
The next thing on the agenda, I knew was going to be a hard one for this Mama!! We had finally made an appointment to get her amazingly long, beautiful hair cut. Bird was adamant about it. She was over the long hard to brush hair style. I knew summer was coming and we will be at the pool almost everyday, so I knew it was time. We got to Sugar and Spice, and I was a HOT mess. My stomach was in knots, and the tears were ready to fall. Not Bird, she was so giddy!! She hopped right up onto the Motorcycle....cause of course that's what she picked, and she was ready to go. The ladies all knew I was on edge and they were all just waiting to watch the tears fall. Marilyn, the stylist, was amazing! She measured out 12 inches and put the ponytail holder there. OMG!!! That's a huge chunk of hair!! She asked me if I was ready, then she began slowly so I could get pics along the way! Next thing I knew, the pony was gone, and my girl was GROWN!!! It was crazy! I think even the Husband was blown away! The smile that immediately popped onto our little girls face was worth all my sadness!! She was shinning!
Marilyn shaped it up, blow dried it, and even added some pink stripes for her!! It looked amazing!! She was soooo proud!! She ended up donating 12 inches of hair to Locks of Love. What an amazing experience!! We got a cute little before and after take home gift along with a little piece of her hair. WOW, the difference is unreal!!
We all headed for home and hoped to get a little nap in. What a great day spent with the family! I still find it hard to believe that we have a FIVE year old. She reminds us all the time now...."Mom, I can now...I'm five, or Dad, I don't have to get down, it's okay, I'm Five"!! She cracks me up.
Bird- You are growing up so fast. You no longer look like a baby, you look like a big girl. Soon you will start Kindergarten, and you will really start to spread your wings. Please just fly slow, take everything in, enjoy every minute, for they pass all too quickly! Mommy and Daddy promise to bring you all the joy we possibly can. We love you to the Moon baby girl!! MUUUUAHHHH!!!!
Comments