While soaking up the awesome weather in Nana's backyard....little Goose took a head plant right into one of the cement blocks that lines the little walkway. I knew from the sound that once she stood up there would be blood. Sure enough there was. She had a good little puncture wound.
I wasn't as worried about her as I was about poor Nana! Nana does not do blood well. I was of course calm and immediately put a my sleeve of my shirt on it to stop the bleeding. We took her in to clean it off, and by the look of it I thought it would need about 2 stitches. We called the Husband and had him head over to get us.
We went to my work to have one of my Docs fix her up. She was fine until we had I hold her down to clean it out. She's a feisty little thing. The doc said we could get away with gluing it. She hated every minute of it, and I knew by the way she was thrashing around it was most likely not going to work. However they did it anyways.
We left there and sure enough not even an hour later I could see that the corner had split back open. By the next day it was obvious he had split it back open almost entirely. Well I sure wasn't going to take her back in to have them hold her down to get the old glue off and put new on. So a scar she will most likely have. I'm sure it won't be the last!
She's doing just fine....it's just gonna take a lot longer to heal!!
I wasn't as worried about her as I was about poor Nana! Nana does not do blood well. I was of course calm and immediately put a my sleeve of my shirt on it to stop the bleeding. We took her in to clean it off, and by the look of it I thought it would need about 2 stitches. We called the Husband and had him head over to get us.
We went to my work to have one of my Docs fix her up. She was fine until we had I hold her down to clean it out. She's a feisty little thing. The doc said we could get away with gluing it. She hated every minute of it, and I knew by the way she was thrashing around it was most likely not going to work. However they did it anyways.
We left there and sure enough not even an hour later I could see that the corner had split back open. By the next day it was obvious he had split it back open almost entirely. Well I sure wasn't going to take her back in to have them hold her down to get the old glue off and put new on. So a scar she will most likely have. I'm sure it won't be the last!
She's doing just fine....it's just gonna take a lot longer to heal!!





Comments