Skip to main content

JAMAICA

On May 14th, the Husband and I kissed our babies goodbye, and headed over to the Krueger's house at 4:15am!!!  Not sure we really even got any sleep since we were up until almost 1am packing and making sure all was ready for the girls to stay home with Nana and Grandma. 
 
Once we got there we loaded up the truck and headed to the airport!  We were all so excited!  This is the first vacation we have all been on ever!!!  That's so crazy to me!  Of course Royal and I have done the lake trips, the State Fair trips, and spent many a nights together...but never a true vacation of any sort!  It was much needed!!! 
 
At the airport, check in was pretty easy.  Royal was the only one to get chosen to get the pat down...but it wasn't all she hoped it would be!  LOL!!  We only sat for about an hour waiting to board the plane, and while we did...we people watched!  Royal got some funny shots on her phone!!  Some people should just never be allowed to leave their home!!! 
First stop was Charlotte N.C!  It was a 2 1/2 hour flight.  once we got there, we had to get our bags and recheck them for our international flight to JAMAICA!!!  We had just enough time to run to the other end of the airport, get a quick potty break and a bite to eat.  We were loading once again within 20 min of getting to our terminal!  It was about another 3 hour flight when we finally landed in Montego Bay, Jamaica!!!!  Customs was super easy, and soon we were on our way to resort.  It was so humid.  I couldn't wait to get my suit on and hit the ocean!!! 
We were only like 7 min from the airport.  We were greeted with rum and punch first thing!  We went and checked in, then made reservations for the three private restaurants within the resort.  Tuesday night we were having Asian, Wed. night was the regular buffet, Thursday Night was Italian, and Friday Night was the Steak House. 
(Our KING bed!!!  LOL!!  Yep, Marital Bliss!!)
We all decided to go to our rooms and put suits on and them hit the beach.  I couldn't believe how warm the ocean was!  It was so great!  Jamaica is beautiful!!  we were all just relaxing and taking it all in!  We went up to the pool for a bit as well.  Royal and I found our favorite place to be right away!!  The chairs that were built into the pool!  Relaxation at it's finest!  The guys swam over and grabbed some drinks.  We all laid around for a bit longer until we went back up to our rooms for showers and to get ready for our nightly festivities.  Dinner and a show.  Back up...at the pool, we did meet one of the entertainment Staff....MoMo!  She was awesome!!  Royal was yelling at Jason from a few chairs away and he wasn't hearing her....so MoMo stepped in and started full out yelling  JASON.....JASON!!  It was so funny!  We all loved her!  She told us all to come see the shows they do every night.  Of course!! 
(MoMo)
 
Dinner was not to shabby.  I was determined to try different things while there!  So I indeed had some sushi.  Not bad.  After dinner we grabbed a "Bob Marley drink and head back to our rooms!! We were BEAT!!!  In bed by 830pm!!! not kidding!!! We had plans to do nothing on Wed.!!  Just a pool/ocean relaxation kind of day! 
The husband and I got up early and went down to the beach.  We were only stopped once by someone trying to sell us a Jamaican necklace.  He was not rude nor pushy.  He was indeed very nice.  He left us alone once we said no thanks.  The water was still so warm!  People were already sun bathing at 7am!  Not a bad idea!!  We went and grabbed Royal and Jason and headed to breakfast.  OMG....the French toast was to die for!!!  Not kidding!  It was like encrusted in Cinnamon and sugar! (yes my healthy eating was kicked to the curb while on vacation!!)  I found a cute little kitty that sat right underneath me, of course I had to feed it! 
After breakfast Royal and I were scheduled for our Morning massages....on the BEACH!!!  We walked down the beach to a super cute little hut where we hopped up on the beds and entered into pure bliss!!!  I can't believe I have never had a professional massage before!!  I will be getting more in the near future!!! It was one of the most relaxing hours of my life!!!!  And for such a little thing....she sure did have magic hands!!!
 
The Husbands met us back down on the beach after our massages.  They of course went and took naps! LOL!!  It was time for lunch so we hit up the Jerk Chicken Shack on the beach!!  YUMMMMMM!!!!  It was so good!  After that we decided to have a few drinks before we got back into the pool!!  This is where we all got a little giggly!!  LOL!!  I found an amazing drink....Purple Rain! So good! 
(Photo Bomber)
 
We laid out for quite a while!  Jason and Royal hit their room first, then we headed up not to long after.  We took about an hour nap, showered, then headed to dinner once again. 
 
This was the Tuna I tried!!!  Tuna topped with Caviar.  YUMMMMM!!  It was so good!  I had a few shells full!! 
Thursday we stared the morning with breakfast again.  You should have seen us all loading our plates with French Toast!!!After breakfast we had to meet our tour bus in the lobby to head to Dunn's River Falls!!  It was about an hour drive.  We stopped in Ochoa's Rios to get some water shoes to climb the falls.  It was a bit rainy (Liquid Sunshine they call it), but oh well what can you do.  We were gonna be getting wet anyways right! 
Once we got there we were told to stay together as a group.  There were 8 of us on our bus, and we all had talked on the way there! Some super nice people!  So we agreed to stay together!  What an amazing experience!!  By far the one of the coolest things I have ever done!!  We all had such an amazing time!  The water was cold, but not unbearable!  The guides were awesome as well!  On the way home our tour guide was having a blast with us!  She gave Royal a book of slang....OH LORD!!!  We were all almost in tears!!!  It was of course a book of "Dirty" slang!! 
 
We got back to the hotel, ate lunch and headed back to the pool.  Well us girls did anyways!  Royal laid out enjoying some Christian Grey, while I laid out in the pool soaking up some rays!  Pure Bliss once again!! 
 
Dinner was Italian.  It was soooo yummy!  I had Smoked Salmon with Spinach!!  WHAT!!  Yep, I sure did and it was so good!  I am going to try and make some soon!!  We finally got to talk to our girls via Skype!!  Poor Goose she was a little sad!  She just wanted to know where her Mommy was!  It was a short visit, but it was good to see them!  We watched yet another show, and it was Music and dancing around the World.  Great show! 
 
Friday we got up and had breakfast and headed straight for the pool.  We had another excursion that afternoon, so we wanted to catch some rays as soon as we could!  It was yet another beautiful day!!  We were laying out by 8am! 
 
We all went back to our rooms around noon to relax and get ready for our Catamaran/Snorkeling tour.  Once we got up. it was a little dark.  It looked like rain for sure.  No one seemed worried about it once again!  We got to the boat man was it a beautiful boat! 
We took a boat ride out and around to our snorkeling spot.  I got my gear on and jumped off the top of the boat!  It was awesome!  I am a water girl through and through!  Jason and Royal hadn't ever snorkeled, so they stayed back for a few pointers.  The Husband hadn't snorkeled in 10 years.  Now mind you the water was a little darker then on a normally super sunny day, but her just couldn't calm down.  he had a small panic attack.  He was so upset.  Jason jumped off the top of the boat and got a mouth full of salt water and that was pretty much all she wrote!  LOL!  So it was just Roy and I out there tinkering around!!  It was great watching Royal getting to experience the ocean Life first hand!  She loved it!!!
 
We got done snorkeling and it was time to head to Margarittaville.  It was straight out party time!!  We were all dancing and doing shots!  So much fun!!! (Wait....Royal and I were dancing!!  The Husbands.....not so much!!)


The Sunset from the boat was simply amazing!!!  We got off and headed back to the resort.  It was 6:55pm and we had reservations at 7pm!!!  We ran like the wind and begged them to give us 15 min!!  They said sure!  We dashed into our rooms and changed and were back down there by 7:11pm!!  Not to mention we looked pretty amazing for an 11 minute change!!! 
Our last morning.... :( So sad!  We got up bright an early, had breakfast, and headed straight for the ocean and pool. 
We had to be back in the lobby by 11:40 to head back to the airport. 
I have done quite a bit of traveling in my life, and I can honestly tell you this was one of my very favorite trips!  I couldn't have asked for better traveling buddies!  We all have the best of relationships!  The memories from this trip will last forever!  I can't thank the Krueger's enough for asking us to join them on this amazing trip!!! 
 
Next Stop.....Mexico?????  :)

Comments

WOW!!! Looks like y'all got your grown folks party time on! It's awesome that you had great company to be with. Thanks for sharing your awesome photos. I'm so jelly! ;P
Rubydotlarue said…
I FINALLY got to sit down and catch up on some reading! I had such an amazing time on this trip with you! We made some excellent memories and I got to experience so many firsts with you! I can't wait to go back!! I would literally go tomorrow if I could afford it!
Thanks for coming with us and thanks for the memories!! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...