Skip to main content

Cabin fever…minus the warmth

 Hello Jack Frost!  This past week has been full of cold, cold and more cold!  The girls had only 2 days of school last week and this weekend was honestly a much needed lock our selves in the house and stay warm by the fire.  

Bird left for their South Dakota Wrestling tourney at 9am on Thursday and by 9pm they were back home.  They made it 4.5 hours away when the tournament director cancelled due to a huge snow storm coming in.  Honestly I was just glad to have her back at home safe and sound.  She was bummed.  She really wanted redemption this year.  

Friday we all were home to start our 4 day snuggle fest.  We made homemade broccoli and cheese soup and had a fire going all day long, thanks to Kenley who braved the frigid cold to go grab wood twice.  





Saturday we got all caught up on laundry.  Bird had wrestling practice in the am and then had to run the concession stand for basketball that afternoon.  We made Orange Chicken and Sticky Rice for dinner.  It’s so nice to be able to just binge on Netflix shows and try different recipes because we have….Time!  Kenley also made me a really special gift out of Papas old bathroom curtains.  They didn’t fit the bathroom window at the cabin, but I knew I didn’t want to get rid of them.  So glad I didn’t.  With her new sewing machine she got from her Nana for Christmas, she made us a plastic bag holder for the cabin.  I love it for so many reasons!  Her heart is just so so big!! 


Sunday was another day of lounging around.  The girls don’t like the lounging as much as the Husband and I do.  So I purchased 2 hours of jump time at Skyzone for Bird and Ry. Bird is such a good Big Sis when she isn’t tormenting her.  Lol! They were def living their best life together this afternoon.  Kenley and I started a puzzle.  Kenley is a puzzle wiz!  By the time it was finished the whole fam had helped a little.  Chicken and Dumplings were had for dinner with homemade Milkshakes for dessert.  








Monday morning started off with the best little cup of tea.  I mean who doesn’t want to start their day with a cute little Manatee!!! Breakfast was breakfast burritos followed by prepping for another day of being home bound.  Kenley gathered more wood while the hubs deep cleaned the kitchen.    

It’s snowing again…. Blah!!!  Bird had to head to wrestling practice in it.  Pot Roast aroma will soon  fill the house.  I am preparing myself for this.  It’s Deer roast!!  Kenley is excited as it was her harvest.  Oh man I guess I have to at least try it!  For now we are gonna pop some popcorn and enjoy another lazy day!  

Good news!  The roast was actually not bad!  I could not tell it was deer at all.  Now we are all cleaned up and ready for guess what…..YEP ANOTHER SNOW DAY!!! Cheers 2024!!  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...