Bird and the SMNW Lady Cougars left for Topeka at Noon and I needed to be there by 4. I took about a 45 min power nap and felt a little better. I hadn't eaten since that am so I was hopeful that there wasn't much left that could come out. So to Topeka I went. I made it safely. Missed her 1st match by just a few minutes. She won by a Pin. Second and third match she lost. One beating herself, and the third, the girl from Hays KS was a true beast! She had a bye her next match. Her next match was against a Senior from Topeka Seaman. It was their Senior night and she was pumped up, Bird was intimidated. I told her that she can't judge a book by it's cover and to just go out and do her best. Give it all she has left. Boy did she! It was a fantastic match and the girls Dad was sitting next to me, lets just say at the end, he wasn't very happy with the outcome. Bird had a fantastic return throw, and then pinned her to win another round. It was so great to see how proud of herself she was. Her 5th and final match was a loss against a girl from Pitt. She was a little person, but lord was she FAST!! It was a quick match and Bird learned a lot from it. I finally headed home from Topeka at 11pm.
Bird called at 1am in tears asking me to come get her from the high-school. I knew something was up. I pulled up and she said her stomach hurt so bad. Sure enough after we got home, Bird puked! Ummm this is NOT happening!! She said she felt a ton better after that, took a shower and went to bed. At 330am I heard her head to the bathroom again. I got up and yep, puking again. Nothing really in her stomach to do so, so sadly it was a lot of dry heaving. Poor thing was so pale. We went back to bed after that knowing we had to be up and on the road in just a few hours.We got up at 6am, and hoped to be on the road no later than 7am. Bird looked and felt awful! I asked over and over if she wanted to stay home, at one point she said yes then broke down sobbing saying she just wanted to play. So we decided to arm her with a puke bucket and pepto and at least let her make the trip. I mean we had to go regardless as Kenley was playing with Birds team too.
It was a quiet ride. Most of us slept and thank goodness there was no more puking. We got there in time for the girls to grab some Panera soup for Bird, change and head to the field. Bird once again said she wanted to play. So we let her. How this kid does it, is beyond me. She was still so pale and not her normal peppy self. However she was a trooper and had one of the few hits of the 1st game. I loved getting to see both my girls on the same field! (And the Husband coaching) I personally can't wait for high-school ball next year !! We had a 3 hour break, so she went back to the hotel and slept while we went to dinner with the team. When we got back to her, she looked quite a bit better. She ate a little more and was ready to go. We lost our 8pm and 11pm games. It was disheartening to say the least. We know we should have done better.
Rise and shine at 630am for an 820am game. Bird looked SO much better. Felt a lot better as well. The girls finally came to play! We won our 1st bracket game 8-4pm putting us not playing until 1:20pm. So back tot he hotel to check out, grab lunch there, and have some fun before heading back tot he fields. Oh my goodness the laughter we had watching Rylee drive her 1st go-cart by herself! She came out the gate going the WRONG WAY!! Thank goodness she was all by herself! Oh man she looked so tiny out there! She had so much fun! The bigs did as well!!
Back to the field for our next game and well, lets just say the all Senior team from Wisconsin smoked us! They looked like college athletes out there! 6 D1 commits on that team! Yikes! Hey, we scored a run! So by 4 pm we were headed home. We stopped for gas and pizza from Casey's, and then hit the road. It was once again truly a Dearing Crazy Train weekend!!












Comments